TVD: S3E52 - Ordinary People

Alexis' POV

I'm official moved into my own place and have the name under someone else as well as me. Encase something happens to me, then the apartment will still be safe for my daughter. Only Caroline has been invited in. I won't invite Tyler in, until he is free of his sire bond. I haven't had a chance to speak to Caroline yet about how we break it. I'm putting it off as I know Tyler will go through a lot of pain to break it.

Anyway I was invited to Alaric's apartment. I enter to see Elena training with Damon and Alaric looking at photos on his table. "Are those from the cave?" I ask him as I join him.

"Yes, these images tell a story....to learn the story, you have to decipher these images" he tells me. Meanwhile Damon effortlessly disarms Elena, who tries to stake him.

"Sloppy!" Damon tells her and she takes the stake back.

"Shut up! I'm new at this" she tells him.

"'Ghost of Christmas Past' Mason Lockwood set up the cave and led us to a weapon that can kill Klaus" Damon tells me.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?" I ask him.

"Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we have already found...and lost" Damon tells me. He overwhelms Elena again. "Bang, you're dead" he tells her smirking. He goes in to nibble on Elena's neck. She pushes him away playfully and walks over to Alaric & I at the table.

"These images at the very least might tell us what that weapon is" Alaric tells us.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean" Elena and I state.

"Fine! Fine! If I am being irritatingly optimistic like you three...how do you suppose we do that?" Damon asks us.

"Well, if the story is about the Original Family living here, then we go straight to the source" I suggest.

"Oh no, you aren't going anywhere near her. You are due in six and half weeks" Elena reminds me. "I'll go talk to her" she states.

"Fine, don't blame me if you don't find out anything" I tell her and she leaves. I sit down on the couch.

"How is the pup?" Damon asks me and I roll my eyes.

"She is fine" I assure him. "Lets continue trying to decipher these while Elena is gone" I tell them pointing to the photos. Damon helps for a little while before becoming bored and leaves to check on Stefan. Elena soon joins us and tells about what happened with Rebekah.

"Rebekah will come around" she assures us.

"You're sure about that?" I ask her.

"I mean a thousand-year-old vampire, I'm sure, has learned the art of patience" Alaric adds. While he speaks, Elena receives a text message.

"She's a thousand-year-old vampire, who's joined the cheerleader squad...There is a whole different set of rules that play here Lexis, Ric. I got this" Elene tells us showing us the text: Come over for a chat. Rebekah

"Good luck" I tell her and she leaves. I look back at the images and one in particular catches my attention.

"I can't figure that one out" Alaric tells me.

"I think I know what it is" I tell him and call Bonnie. I ask her to come over and bring Elena's necklace. We wait for her to arrive deciphering the other symbols. When she arrives Alaric invites her in.

"Uh, I'm sorry the place is such a mess. I'm obsessed" Alaric tells her sheepishly.

"I brought you the necklace that wouldn't die" she says holding up Elena's necklace.

"You okay?" I ask her concerned.

"Been better" she mumbles.

"Listen, Jeremy is an idiot" I tell her.

"She's right" Alaric agrees. "I know this with certainty, because I was once a Jeremy. Trust me, we learn...eventually" he explains. "This the one?" he asks me showing me a photo and I nod my head.

"So, I've been staring at this image all day, wondering why it looked so familiar" I tell Bonnie and point to the necklace.

"You were right" Alaric tells me.

"It's the same design" Bonnie says.

"So, your grandmother said this necklace belonged to the witch that put the hybrid curse on Klaus, right? Well, this symbol is repeated all across the wall. We've been trying to figure out what it meant. And now we know"  Alaric explains. I write something on a post-it, sticks it to the photo and show Bonnie: the post-it says Witch.

When Elena returns from her time with Rebekah. She, Bonnie and Alaric go back to the cave to get more pictures. While I do my online school work. Later on Elena tells me how it was Klaus that killed the original witch and not Mikael. Also that Mikael has finally joined the party. Hope nothing ruins home coming in two days.