TVD: S4E75 - Catch Me if You Can

Alexis' POV

I hear a car arrive and go see it's Elena. "I'm glad you're ok Elena" I say as I give her a hug. "I saw Rebekah and thought the worse" I tell her.

"Why didn't you try to help?" she asks me.

"She compelled me to leave, besides I couldn't risk Adrianna's life" I tell her. We both stiffen. "Is that blood?" I ask her.

"Get inside, lock the door" she tells me. I rush inside and go grab Adrianna. Along with a knife. Then face the door ready for anything. The door opens and Matt stumbles into the house. With his neck bleeding.

"Jeremy, what's going on?" I demand as he appears with Elena.

"They're coming" he states. I see six vampires before he closes the door.

"What the hell is going on?" I demand. As Elena tends to Matt's neck.

"Klaus made a bunch of vampires for me to kill" Jer states.

"Why would he do that?" I demand.

"So that we can find the cure" Elena states.

"Cure for what?" I ask confused.

"Vampirism" she states.

"There is no cure" I tell her.

"Look, they can't get in. We'll be safe until morning. Then I want you to leave with Adrianna" Jeremy tells me.

"I can't leave you guys here alone" I tell him.

"Think about your daughter, do you really want her in the middle of a battle?" he asks me.

"Fine, but you guys tell me everything. Now" I tell them. So that's what they did. They explain all about the hunter, the cure and about Bonnie's new style of magic. I then went to one of the bedrooms and call it a night.

(Time skip)

I'm feeding Adriana while Jeremy puts his gun down. Elena is redressing Matt's wound as Damon enters. "What the hell were you thinking?" I demand glaring at him.

"All I asked you to do was to teach him how to fight" Elena adds.

"You weren't even suppose to be here" he tells me. "He's not the best student in the world" he adds.

"Wait. Now this is my fault?" Jeremy demands.

"Stop talking. Look, I know you're angry, but my way was the easiest, fastest, and safest way to complete his mark to get you both the cure" Damon tells Elena.

"I don't care about the cure, Damon. Not if it means putting the people that I love in danger" Elena tells him.

"I didn't even know about the cure, I don't want it" I tell them.

"Why wouldn't you want it?" Matt asks me.

"Hey, there would have been no danger if he hadn't gone all bleeding heart" Damon tells Elena.

"He killed someone. These were innocent people" Elena tells him.

"The mark grew, didn't it?" Damon asks.

"Ok enough all of you" I tell them annoyed. "We need a plan" I state.

"There's a group of compelled vampires out there, and as soon as the sun goes down. They're gonna come after Matt, so we have to find a way to protect him and my niece" Elena states.

"Yes, I know" Damon says wrapping an arm around Jeremy. "But there will be no problem when big Jer and I here go on a hunting expedition" he states. Elena doesn't look on board with the plan. Neither am I. "Elena, Alexis I know, it's tragic. I get it. But we also agree that he had to kill them. Now, we have added incentive. So you take the least most valuable player home. With your sister and niece. Jeremy and I will finish this" he exlpains.

"I agree we have to get Adrianna and Matt out of here" I state as I burp Adrianna.

"I'm sorry? Are saying I should leave him here with you?" Elena asks him.

"Trust me. I will keep him safe. Okay" Damon asks using his dumb bond on her. She reluctantly nods her head. So we grab Matt's stuff and put it in her car. I get into mine with Adrianna and follow Elena. I get a call from Elijah and put him on speaker.

"Are you and Adrianna having fun?" he asks me.

"I wouldn't call our first twenty four hours fun" I tell him.

"Why? What's happened?" he asks me concerned.

"Well, first there was Carol's wake. Which was interrupted by your undaggered sister. She set Tyler on Caroline, Elena and Stefan. Then compelled me to go to my family's lake house. Where I find Jeremy with Matt and Damon. Then I find out Klaus turned a bunch of innocent people into vampires for Jeremy to kill. Apparently there's a cure for vampirism and he has an invisible tattoo that leads to it. But he can only get the whole map by killing vampires" I tell him.

"How do you feel about that?" he asks me.

"I don't want my brother in danger" I tell him.

"Not about that, about the cure?" he asks me.

"I don't care about the cure. I have you and Adrianna. I don't need anything else" I tell him. "Adrianna was safer with us in Denver" I state.

"I agree" he says.

"How was your meeting with your old friend?" I ask him.

"Fruitful, we came to an agreement" he states.

"Elijah, I don't feel safe with Adrianna here. It doesn't feel like home without you" I tell him. "Can I come back to you?" I ask him hopeful.

"You've only been there a day" he tells me.

"Yes and already my baby's life was threaten by a pack of newbie vampires" I snap.

"Breath" he tells me and I take a deep calming breath. "Come to me" he tells me. I pull over.

"Really?" I ask hopeful.

"Yes, come to me. You'll know where to find me" he tells me.

"I'll be there within twenty four hours" I tell him smiling. We say good bye and hang up. I call Elena and Matt answers. "Please put me on speaker" I tell him. He does so. "Elena, I know I just came back. But Mystic Falls isn't safe for Adrianna. So I'm going back to Denver" I tell her.

"I understand Lexis, I promise to keep you more up to date with things" she promises.

"Thank you, I'm sorry we're leaving. I'll call once we're settled in" I tell them.

"Do you want me to tell Tyler?" Matt asks me.

"No, I'll call him now" I tell him. We say goodbye and hang up. I call Tyler.

"Alexis, where were you?" he asks me.

"I was at the Gilbert Lake House, blame Rebekah" I tell him. "Tyler, something happened last night and cemented my belief that Mystic Falls isn't safe for our daughter. So we're leaving again" I tell him. "I know I only just got back, but it's just not safe for her" I state.

"I get it, with Klaus wanting to punish me and with what Rebekah did. And with Kol also in town. It's not safe for our daughter" he states. "Please get a house with a human, so that no vampire can enter it" he tells me.

"I will" I tell him. "I promise to call more" I add. We say goodbye and hang up. I then start to drive away from Mystic Falls.

A/N

Picture above of Jeremy with Damon.