TVD: S3E64 - DO Not Go Gentle

Alexis' POV

I'm helping set up for the dance tonight with the others. Adrianna strapped to my chest. Caroline has a clipboard and is in charge of the preparations as Rebekah is missing. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Care asks Elena.

"I just...I wish there was something I could do" Elena tells us. I pick up a chandelier.

"Where do you want to hang this thing?" I ask Care as I show it to her. She takes it from me.

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself" she states. She hands it to a passing student. "Just no" she says. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down" she tells Matt and Jeremy.

"Trickle, duh!" Matt says sarcastically and I giggle.

"Look at them all bromancy" I say smiling.

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill" Elena tells us.

"That was nice of him" Care says.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out" I tell her.

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing Elena and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Care asks me.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it" Elena tells her grumbling.

"Aww, what are friends for? So who are you both bringing to the dance?" Care asks us. Elena wraps a feather boa around her neck.

"What do you mean?" I ask her confused.

"I thought you, Bonnie, Lexis and I were going as girl dates" Elena adds.

"Hm, Bonnie has a date" Care tells us.

"What?" Elena asks.

"Who?" I ask curious.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him" she explains.

"So I'll finally get to meet him, can't wait" I say smiling.

"So here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?" she suggests to Elena.

"I can't ask him on a date, I just made out with his brother" Elena tells her.

"All the more reason!" Care exclaims and I glare at her for waking Adrianna.

"Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want, that's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?" I ask Elena as I rock Adrianna.

"Yeah, but..." she starts to say.

"But nothing! I've watched The Bachelor, okay? Fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn" Caroline tells her.

"Yeah and you're not biased or anything" Elena says.

"I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight" she tells Elena. Personally I like Elena with Damon, but I'm not going to tell Caroline that. We finish decorating and I take Elena to the house to change. She calls Stefan while watching Adrianna as I have a shower. When I get out I change into my 20s outfit and put Adrianna in one.

"Why is she dressed up?" Elena asks me curious as she lays out her outfit

"I just thought she'd look adorable dressed up" I tell her.

"You were right" she says smiling as Adrianna.

"Anyway I have to go drop Adrianna off" I tell her. "See you at the dance" I tell her. I leave and drive us to the Lockwood mansion. I arrive and knock on the door. Tyler answers it and I notice him in 20s suit. "You look great" I tell him smiling.