TVD: S3E45 - Twins Birthday

Alexis' POV

It's been months since Stefan left with Klaus to save Damon's life. I am now sixteen weeks pregnant. The doctor told Tyler and I if the baby was in the right position, we could find out the gender today. Also today is mine and Elena's eighteenth birthday. Caroline is throwing us a party tonight. Elena doesn't want to go, but I'm dragging her along.

Elena would rather be looking for Stefan, like she has been doing all summer. Jeremy got a job at the grill. He has work today as I have the day off as it's my birthday. The staff song happy birthday to be last night and we had cake.

Anyway I finish brushing my permed hair. It's grown a lot and I decided to perm it. I hear Elena waking Jeremy up and smirk. I go downstairs into the kitchen to have breakfast. Elena appears talking to Caroline on the phone. "I never said yes in the first place, Alexis did" she retorts. "Did she find something?" she asks.

I hear a car horn and roll my eyes. "Tyler's here, wish me luck" I tell her and she smiles. She gives me a hug and goes back to her conversation. "Morning Ric" I say as I pass him.

"Morning, happy birthday" he says yawning.

"Thanks" I say and grab my purse. I leave and get into Tyler's car. "Excited?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I hope he is in the right position" he tells me smiling.

"You mean she" I tell him smiling.

"You know we never chose a name for a boy" he reminds me.

"True, have you had anymore ideas?" I ask him.

"I was wondering if you'd be ok with naming him Mason? If it is a boy" he suggests.

"I think that's a lovely name" I tell him smiling.

"Thanks Lexis" he says smiling back. He parks and we get out. Caroline is there waiting. "Why are you here?" he asks her confused.

"Did you really think I'd miss my god daughter's gender reveal?" she asks him.

"You're out numbered Tyler" I tell him smirking as I hug Care.

"Matt thinks it's a boy" he retorts.

"But everyone else thinks it's a girl" I remind him.

"Fine, if it's a girl. I'll dance with you tonight" he bargains.

"Prepare to dance" Care tells him and we enter the hospital.

"Miss Gilbert, please take a seat. The doctor will be with you in a moment" the receptionist tells me. We all sit down.

"So I've been thinking, we've chosen a godmother. But not a godfather, I was thinking Matt" I tell Tyler. "That way both our best friends are godparents" I state.

"I like that idea" he says smiling.

"Miss Gilbert" the doctor calls and the three of us go inside. "Nice to see you both again, how have you been Alexis?" she asks me.

"I think the morning sickness is over, thank god" I tell her and she smiles. "This is Caroline, the godmother" I add.

"Pleasure" she says shaking Care's hand. "You ready to see if we can see your baby's gender?" she asks.

"We sure are" Tyler tells her. I sit on the bed and lift my shirt to reveal my baby bump. She places gel on it and uses the wand. She turns on the screen and we soon see the baby.

"We're in luck, the baby is at the perfect angle to figure out it's gender. Do you really want to know?" she asks us. Tyler and I look at each other. We nod our heads smiling. "Ok, well congratulations. It's a girl" she tells us and Care squeals happily.