TVD: S2E26 - Memory Lane

Alexis' POV

Dear diary,

Things have been hepatic lately since Katherine arrived into town. She's mine and Elena's doppelganger. She's also a vampire along with mine and Elena's real mother Isobel. But enough about them.

It's been four days since I had sex with Tyler Lockwood and man was he great. But I kind of feel awkward around him now. It doesn't help that Caroline won't get off my case about that night. Wondering if I slept with him? If he was good? She's my best friend, but she is being very annoying.

Anyway today Jenna is throwing a BBQ for Mason Lockwood. An old friend of her's from school, who just happens to be Tyler's uncle. I have to go now, but I'll write again soon.

I close my diary and look up at Elena who sits across from me reading a book. We're at the grill, relaxing and catching up before the BBQ. Damon suddenly appears in a chair next to her. "What do you want Damon?" we ask him as Elena closes her book.

"So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back" he muses.

"She tricked you into telling the truth" I correct him.

"That's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you" Elena adds. We both get up to leave.

"Where are you going?" he asks us.

"We made ourselves clear, Damon. We want nothing to do with you" I tell him. Elena and I start to leave the grill.

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue" he states and we stop turning to face him.

"How did you know about the barbecue?" we ask him.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and..." he starts to explain.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because she's not exactly a fan of yours" Elena reminds him. A woman arrives and gives him a box with a pie in it. He thanks her and she leaves.

"I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way" he tells Elena.

"What are you up to?" I ask him.

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf. See you at the barbecue" he says and leaves.

"I thought we all agreed Mason is a werewolf after he tried to kill Caroline and Stefan?" I ask Elena confused.

"Damon just wants an excuse to stab someone" she grumbles. "We should get home or we'll miss the barbecue" she tells me.

"Would that be so terrible?" I ask her and she gives me a look. "Ok fine, lets go" I tell her. We leave the grill and return home.

We arrived home and started to help Jenna set up. "Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction" I tell her.

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?" she asks us.

"Because Alaric is a pity taker. Come on Jenna, be nice" Elena tells her.

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off your twin" she states. Mason enters the kitchen.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses!" he declares.

"That would be my exit" Elena says leaving as Alaric enters.

"Oh, the expensive stuff! I like you already" Alaric tells Mason.

"Just happy to be invited" Mason tells him.

"Thank Ric, it was his idea" Jenna tells him.

"I thought it would be nice to meet some of Jenna's high school friends. Dig up a little dirt" Alaric tells Mason.

"I've got dirt. I've got dirt" Mason assures him.

"I have no secrets. Only dirty shame" Jenna states and they clink glasses. Then Damon enters and Jenna gives him her glass before leaving with Alaric.

"She doesn't like me very much" Damon tells Mason.

"I think that's an understatement" I tell him.

"We haven't met. Mason Lockwood" Mason says holding his hand out.

"Oh sure. Damon Salvatore" Damon says shaking it.

"I know. I heard great things about you" Mason states.

"That's weird" Damon says.

"It is, because he's a dick" I state and he glares at me playfully. The food was soon ready and Alaric goes to get Elena & Caroline. Lunch went fine and we retire to the lounge room for a game. Jenna suggested Pictionary and so far Mason is winning. Elena left to go serve the peach cobbler Damon had brought.

"Dress, Ballerina!" Jenna shouts.

"Puppy! Puppy with a tutu!" Care shouts.

"No no" Damon says shaking his head.

"A dog! Hound-dog!" I shout.

"Dances with wolves" Mason says calmly.

"Mason wins...again" Damon declares.

"How is that a wolf?" Jenna asks him. Damon leaves to go talk to Elena. A tipsy Jenna soon follows.

"So Mason, you said you had dirt on my aunt?" I ask him smirking.

"A lot of dirt" he says smirking. Before he can say more the others return with the cobbler. Mason takes the first piece using his bare hand.

"So Mason, you and Jenna never dated?" Alaric asks him.

"She was always lost in Logan Fell land" Mason answers.

"My first mistake. Mason was a catch; he had girls lining up" Jenna explains.

"Really? I always pegged you for a lone wolf" Damon states.

"I'm sure I wasn't half the lady killer you were. How about a toast? To new friends" Mason says. We all clink glasses and drinks, me with a non-alcoholic drink. I look at the hallway where Elena and Caroline are speaking. I hope Elena's ok, she's been trying to contact Stefan all day. But he hasn't returned any of her messages. And Caroline seems to be acting strangely.

"Hey Mason, how's Tyler?" I ask him.

"He's good, he was going to run today" he states. Jenna makes Damon go do the dishes. While I decide to pull out guitar hero and Mason goes to talk to Damon. Hopefully Damon won't stab him in the house. Afterwards Mason suggest drinks at the grill. But no one volunteers and he leaves after thanking Jenna for the party.

I decide to finish my homework. So I go upstairs and do my homework. Elena returns home and tells me she pretended to break up with Stefan. That only I can know aside from them. I agreed to keep the secret and Stefan arrives. They leave me to my homework going to Elena's room.

A/N

Pictures above of Pictionary game.