TVD: S2E40 - Last Dance

Alexis' POV

It's the 26th of April and today is my eight week ultrasound. I'd also be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I'm so excited. Anyway I'm looking for Alaric and find him. "Ric" I say and he turns to me. He smiles at me.

"Elena, how can I help you?" he asks me.

"Very funny Ric, you know I'm Alexis. Elena has long hair" I tell him giggling. "Anyway, you're still free after school right?" I ask him and he gives me a confused look. "You forgot didn't you?" I ask.

"Forgot what?" he asks.

"My eight week ultrasound, Jenna couldn't make it so you're going to take me. As Tyler is not here and his mum is busy with dance preparations" I tell him.

"Right, sorry Alexis" he says. "When was the appointment again?" he asks.

"After school, I'll meet you in car park" I tell him and go to class. Guess he's still feels terrible about Jenna. His vampire wife died, he no longer has his ring and we're all worried about Klaus. No wonder he forgot.

School was boring and I meet Alaric in the parking lot. We got into his car and he starts driving us to the hospital. "So how was class today?" I ask him.

"Boring, just gave a lecture on the 60s. Though Elena corrected me about Water gate, that was in the 70s" he explains.

"Well at least she knows some history" I tell him.

"So how come Elena and Jeremy aren't coming? I thought she'd want to see her niece or nephew" he states.

"They are, but today they're helping prepare the decorations for the dance tonight" I tell him.

"Do you have a date?" he asks me and I laugh.

"Ric I haven't dated in nearly two years and got pregnant by a one night stand with Tyler. What guy would ask me out?" I ask him.

"Have you told anyone else yet?" he asks me changing the subject.

"Everyone in our group knows, except for Damon. I'm a little scared of how he'll react to me being pregnant by a werewolf" I state. We arrive at the hospital and go to the maternity ward. "Alexis Gilbert, I have a 3:30 appointment" I tell the receptionist.

"Take a seat Miss Gilbert, you're name will be called shortly" he tells me. I nod my head and sit down looking at the other expectant mothers. Some with partners, a friend, a parent or alone. Soon my name is called and I'm lead to a room. I lay on the bed as Alaric stands beside me.

"So how's the morning sickness? Any cravings?" the OBG asks me.

"It's getting better and no cravings yet" I tell her. "This is Alaric, his a friend of the family. The father couldn't make it today" I explain.

"Not everyone gets cravings" she tells me. "Pleasure to me you Alaric" she says shaking his hand. "Ready to hear your baby's heart beat for the first time?" she asks me. I nod my head excitedly and she has me lift my top to reveal my stomach. She places the fetal doppler wand on my stomach and turns it on. The sound of a fast heart beat fills the room and I tear up. "Heart beat nice and strong" she declares putting the fetal doppler back on the table.

She then gets some gel telling me it'll be cold. She places some on my stomach and it is cold. She places the wand of the ultrasound machine on my stomach and turns on the screen. As she moves it around looking at the screen, she soon finds my baby. "Is that?" I ask in awe.

"Sure is, one healthy baby" she says and takes measurements. "So according to your file you're eight weeks, is that correct?" she asks me.

"Yes" I say nodding my head.