TVD: S2E44 - As I Lay Dying

Alexis' POV

I'm preparing to go visit my parents graves as last time I taken. Damon appears from my window. "So you're pregnant" he says casually.

"Sure am" I say smiling and hand him my ultrasound pic. "Don't know the sex yet, but I already love my baby" I tell him.

"Who's the dead?" he asks me.

"Tyler" I say and he looks at me shocked. "We're not together, but are going to co-parent. It was just the one night" I explain.

"If you're happy, I'm happy" he tells me.

"Thanks Damon, that's a better response then I thought I'd get from you" I say. "Anyway I'm going to go visit my parent's graves. Jeremy is asleep, but I believe Elena is awake" I tell him. He hugs me and I return it.

"Take care of that little one" he tells me.

"Always" I tell him smiling. I take the ultrasound photo back placing it in my bag. I leave and walk to the cemetery. I kneel in front of my parents graves. "Hi mum and dad, sorry it's taken so long. But here it is, my first ultrasound of your grand-baby" I say smiling. Taking out the photo placing it on their grave stone.

"Perfectly healthy, I'll be sure to bring future photos and let you know when I discover the gender" I tell them. But I wish they were really here, to share this experience with me. A shadow falls over me and I turn to see Elijah. I stand up glaring at him.

"Please, remain calm" he says gently. "I only wished to say good bye" he tells me. "Klaus is going to reunite me with our siblings. I am sorry for what happened to your aunt and sister. But at least your baby is safe" he states.

"My baby is safe and will remain that way, now leave" I tell him.

"Now, no need for that luv" someone says behind me. I turn quickly to see Klaus. I back away from him. "No need to be afraid, I merely wish to see what is taking my brother so long" he states.

"I'm ready brother, lets go" Elijah tells him. "Good bye Alexis, I hope you can forgive me in future. Here is my number if you ever wish to talk" he says handing me a piece of paper. He and Klaus disappear, I relax. My phone rings and I answer it.

"Hello" I say.

"Hey Alexis, it's Elena. I've taken Jeremy to the town square for that movie night thing. Do you want to join us?" she asks me.

"Sure" I say smiling. I go to town square to see them sitting on a picnic blanket, with Caroline. I sit down beside her smiling. "What are we eating?" I ask them.

"Something good" Caroline answers smiling. Stefan appears and takes Elena off to the side. "So baby names?" she asks me.

"Not saying, only Tyler and I will know until the gender reveal" I tell her. She pouts. "So what's playing?" I ask the pair.

"Gone with the wind" Jeremy groans and I giggle. Stefan leaves and Elena comes back over. "What's up?" Jer asks her.

"I'm gonna go see Damon, but I'll be back" she tells us.

"Sure thing" Care says.

"Don't expect for Lexis to leave any food" Jer adds and I shove him playfully.

"I'm not eating that much" I retort and he chuckles. Elena smiles and hugs me before leaving. Bonnie soon joins us and  the show begins.

"All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me" Care whispers part way through the movie.

"Shush" Bonnie and I tell her. Jeremy's phone rings and I glare at him. He shrugs answering it.

"Hey Alaric" he says. "She went to go see Damon. I thought that's where you were?" he says confused. We all look at him. He hangs up. "Damon escaped and the cops are after him" he tells us.

" If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing you can do to stop him. Let us take care of it, and you take Alexis home" Bonnie tells him.

"You keep doing this. You left me behind before, and guess what Jenna still died. Now I'm going to find my other sister. You go ahead and you try to stop me" Jeremy retorts. before storming off in a huff.

"Alexis, please go find Tyler and stay low" Bonnie stresses.

"Fine, but call me the minute you find Elena or Damon" I tell them. They nod their heads and I go search for Tyler.

"Alexis!" I hear someone call and turn to see Tyler. "There you are, sorry I'm late. Where are the others?" he asks me.

"We have a situation, I'm suppose to go somewhere safe with you while the others deal with it" I tell him. He sighs.

"Come on, we'll go to my house" he tells me. He leads me to his car and drives us to his house. "So what's going on?" he asks.

"You know how you accidentally bit Damon?" I ask and he nods his head. "The hallucinations have started and his on the lose. Apparently looking for Elena" I explain.

"And you look just like her" he says.

"Yes, so I'm also in danger with our baby. I thought with Klaus gone, things would be safer. But I forgot Damon was bitten, it's not over until his dead or cured" I explain.

"Is there a cure?" he asks me.

"Don't know, I think that's where Stefan went. To go find one" I tell him.

"Well you're safe here" he assures me.

"I know I am" I say smiling. "So, settling back in ok? How are you feeling?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm good. Mum keeps hoovering, scared I'll run away again" he tells me.

"You won't right?" I ask him.

"Nah, I have a baby to help look after" he says smiling placing a hand on my stomach. "By the way, can I ask you something?" he asks and I nod my head. "I like Caroline a lot and I think she likes me" he tells me.

"I already know your question and I fine if you want to date someone else. We're co-parenting, not dating or a couple. Do date whoever you want and if Care makes you happy. Date her" I tell him. "Anyway, what to go over a few ideas for the nursery?" I ask him. He nods his head and we start to do that.

It wasn't until later that night I get a message from Elena. Saying Damon is alive and cured. But that Stefan gave himself to Klaus as payment for the cure. We'll probably never see him again. But at least I have my sister and brother to help me through the pregnancy. We may even turn Jenna's room into a baby's room. If that's ok with the other two.

A/N

Picture above of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert's grave stone. Picture on the external link of Klaus talking to Elijah while he's in a coffin.