TVD: S3E47 - End of the Affair

Alexis' POV

'I still cannot believe you are having a girl. I bet Damon was furious at her middle name' Stefan says through text.

'He was' I text back giggling. It's been seven weeks since I last saw home. I'm now twenty-three weeks pregnant. I've just told Stefan the middle name of my daughter. We text as I want Klaus to know as little about my baby as possible.

"You two stop texting, we're here" Klaus tells us annoyed and gets out of the car. We follow suit to see the welcome to Chicago sign. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan" he says.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks him. While wrapping a protective arm around me. We've gotten close over the last seven weeks. We're now more like brother and sister then friends.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asks him. I frown, he keeps bringing that up. But why?

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur" Stefan states.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend" Klaus tells him smiling. He seems to go down memory lane and shakes his head. "Chicago was magical" he states.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it" Stefan tells him.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asks.

"Why am I still with you? Why is Alexis here? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan demands.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her" Klaus states. We get back into the car and head to a bar called Gloria's.

"You do remember I can't drink" I tell him.

"Don't worry, they have water" he states and I grumble as we enter the bar. I spot a short haired woman behind the bar. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..." Klaus starts to say.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny" she tells him firmly.

"Finally a woman he listens too" I say smiling as he goes quiet. "I'm Alexis Gilbert, one of the doppelgangers of Katherine Pierce" I state.

"Pleasure to meet you dear" she says with a smile. She then looks at Stefan. "I remember you" she states.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..." Stefan starts to say.

"Old and dead" she finishes with a smile. "Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" she asks him.

"Gloria is a very powerful witch" Klaus tells me.

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day" Gloria states. "Would you like anything dear?" she asks me.

"Soup would be nice and directions to the loo" I tell her with a smile. She smiles and give me directions. "Thank you" I say and leave as Klaus tells Stefan to get us drinks. I go to the loo and wash my hands.

Then look at the mirror and admire my baby bump. I've only gone to the doctor twice since I left home. But according to the doctors, my baby is developing well. I just need to ensure I don't stress myself. I look at my phone and call Tyler.

"Alexis, where are you? Are you and Adrianna ok?" he asks me.

"We're fine and somewhere in Chicago, I'm gonna book another appointment. I hope if things don't work out for Klaus here, he'll let me come home. Please don't come looking for me. I don't want our baby to lose you" I tell him.