TVD: S4E78 - The Originals

Alexis' POV

It's been nearly a month since they locked Elena up. I haven't visited her yet. Klaus went to New Orleans and Elijah followed him. Leaving Adriana and I with Rebekah. I didn't want to stay in my apartment or at the Salvatore house. So Rebekah offered me a room at her place. "New Orleans? What the hell is Klaus doing there?" Rebekah asks Elijah.

She's having a bath. While I'm in her wardrobe with Adrianna, picking out an out for her. While eavesdropping. "Evidently there are witches conspiring against him. So, knowing our brother, this was a mission to silence and slaughter" Elijah states.

"Well, the French Quarter witches are not a lot to be trifled with. You don't suppose they've found a way to kill him once and for all, do you?" she asks him hopeful. I smile shaking my head.

"Rebekah, in the name of our family, you might try to dial down your glee" Elijah tells her.

"What family? We're three distrustful acquaintances who happen to share a bloodline. I, for one, hope they've found a way to make that traitorous bastard rot" she states.

"Language Rebekah" I tell her.

"It's rude to eavesdrop" she tells me.

"I want to know what my husband is up to" I state.

"Alexis wants to know what you're going to do Elijah" Rebekah tells him.

"I'm going to find out who's making a move against Klaus. And then I'll either stop them...or I'll help them, depending on my mood" Elijah states.

"Just stay safe Elijah, Adrianna and I can't lose you" I tell him.

"Of course my love, we'll take again soon. I give you my word" he assures me. Before he says goodbye to Rebekah and hangs up.

(Time skip)

Rebekah and I are lounging around in the living room. While Adrianna plays in her bouncer. Elijah calls and I place him on speaker. He tells us what's going on. "Well, he's doing what he does; given a chance at happiness, Klaus runs in the opposite direction" he tells us.

"Then let him run. That child, if it's even his, is better off without him" Rebekah tells him.

"No, it's not. Every child needs it's father or a father figure" I tell her.

"Besides he's not better off without that child, Rebekah, and neither are we" Elijah adds.

"Also it'd be great for Adrianna to have a child her age to play with" I add smiling.

"Darling Alexis, kind Elijah.Klaus rarely brings us anything but pain. At what point in your immortal life will you stop searching for his redemption?" Rebekah asks us.

"I'll stop searching for his redemption when I believe there is none left to be found" Elijah tells her.

"And I'll help you Elijah" I assure him. "Talk to you tomorrow" I say and we hang up. I feel someone watching us and grab Adrianna. As Rebekah and I turn to see Katherine. I glare at her. "I told you never to return to this town" I sneer.

"It's ok Alexis" Rebekah assures me as she gets up to stand beside me. " I'd give you a play-by-play, but you have the air of someone who's been lurking and listening" she states looking at Katherine.

"He'll come around. You know Elijah-- he won't stop until he's convinced Klaus to do the right thing" Katherine states.

"I know you consider yourself an expert in brotherly dynamics, but you don't know my brothers half as well as you think you do" Rebekah tells her.

"You're wrong. Klaus won't be able to walk away from this. He and I are the same. We manipulate, we thirst for power, we control, we punish. But our actions are driven by one, singular place deep inside" Katherine tells us.

"And what's that?" I ask her.

"We're alone" she states. "And we hate it" she adds. "Tell Elijah I said hello" she tells me before leaving.

"Remind me again why we haven't staked her?" I ask Rebekah.

"No idea" she states.

(Time skip to the next day)

I woke this morning to Elijah beside me and was overjoyed. I gave him many kisses as he chuckled. "I take it you missed me?" he asks.

"More then you know" I tell him honestly.

"Rebekah is making breakfast, there is something I must discuss with you both" he tells me.

"Of course Elijah, but first. Lets have a shower" I tell him smiling. He smiles and carries me into the bathroom.

(Mini time skip)

"So that's it? I'm just supposed to pack up my things and leave for good? Forget my life here and my pursuit of the cure?" Rebekah asks Elijah while I feed Adrianna.

"Oh, the cure was a fool's errand. I mean, taking it would've stripped you of everything you are, for what? More high school proms?" Elijah asks her.

"I wanted to be human. I wanted children and a family. Like you have with Alexis and Adrianna" Rebekah tells him.

"And I stand before you to offer you both" he tells her.

"And if I decide against you? A dagger in my heart and then back in a box?" she asks him.

"I've made my case. Your family needs you, and what choice you make right now is your own" he tells her. Rebekah considers him for a few long moments, then walks closer to him.

"I owe him nothing. I wish him no joy, no love. I will stay here and live my life the way I want to, and if you're smart I suggest you do the same. For Alexis and Adrianna's sakes" she tells him before leaving.

"Elijah" I say and he looks at me. "I support you in your decision to go to New Orleans and help Klaus. But I can't leave here just yet" I tell him. "Elena still doesn't have her humanity and I have to help her get it back. Before I move to New Orleans with you" I tell him.

"I understand" he tells me hugging me. He kisses me gently. "I love you Alexis and hope you'll join me soon. I give you my word that I'll call often" he assures me.

"You'd better" I tell him and kiss him. "Good luck" I say. He wishes me luck with Elena and left.

A/N

One Chapter Left.