six

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄, and so did Care of Magical Creatures class

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄, and so did Care of Magical Creatures class. Something that was definitely more of Marina's cup of tea.
Especially with Hagrid as the teacher. Hagrid lead the class towards a small paddock just this side of the Forbidden Forest. In the paddock, a freestanding rack hung with dead animals.

"That's comforting." Lavender mumbled as she stood closely to Pavarti and Marina.

"Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books." Hagrid announced.

"And exactly how do we do that?" spat Malfoy.

"The same way you wake up your mother. Stroking it or it'll bite you." Marina shot back with a smirk.

Malfoy scoffed and looked away.

"Good we got another expert round 'ere eh? Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look." Hagrid said taking Hermione's copy.

Hagrid took Hermione's copy, snapped the Spellotape binding it. As it begins to bite, Hagrid calmly runs forefinger down the book's spine and it... shivers. Falls quietly open. Hagrid glances at the class, looking suddenly unsure.

"Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em."

Hagrid turns, disappears into the trees. Draco shakes his head, and spoke loudly to Crabbe and Goyle.

"God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy spoke.

"Listen, you stupid prat --" Harry said.

Malfoy's eyes widened in fear, Malfoy stepped back, points.

"Potter, there's a Dementor behind you." Malfoy shrieked.

Harry jumped, wheeled in fear, finds... nothing. Instantly, Marina bursted out in chuckles while the Sytherlins make an eerie ooh... then break up laughing.

"Marina! You can't laugh." whispered Lavender.

"Fine. But it was funny." mumbled Marina folding her arms. Making Seamus stare at her for some reason.

"What?" spat Marina.

"Darling, your glowing." Seamus winked.

"That's old. I've heard that line all bloody summer." Marina said.

Then suddenly, a beast emerged from the trees. It has a torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse, but the front legs, wings and head of a giant eagle. All the students step back in fear except Marina, who is amazed, then Hagrid appears, shooing the beast on.

"Beau'iful, isn' he?" Hagrid grinned.

"Stunning." Seamus said looking to Marina.

Marina rolled her eyes and pushed him effortlessly, making him fall into a shallow hole filled with leaves. He quickly stood back up.