❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 kneeled down behind the pumpkin patch, watching the committee, Dumbledore, and Hagrid have a conversation. With a nervous Buckbeak on a chain. All Marina wanted to do is go feed it some meat, showing her nurturing side. 

"Wait here," Harry whispered to Marina. "I'll do it."

"Oh please, you couldn't break that chain without me if your life depended on it. I'll go with you."

Harry smiled quickly. As Fudge's voice started again, the two darted out from behind the patch and approached Buckbeak.

"It is the decision of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures that the Hippogriff Buckbeak, hereafter called the condemned, shall he executed on the sixth of June at sundown—"

Marina and Harry stared up into Buckbeak's fierce orange eyes once more and bowed. Buckbeak sank to his scaly knees and then stood up again. Harry began to fumble with the knot of chain tying Buckbeak to the fence.

"Do you need help Harold?" Marina said ementionless.

"No, this is easy. Just keep Buckbeak quiet..." Harry told her, Marina could easily tell he was struggling.

"... sentenced to execution by beheading, to be carried out by the Committee's appointed executioner, Walden Macnair..."

"Come on, Buckbeak," Marina murmured, "come on, we're going to help you. Quietly... quietly..."

"How come you talk to him so nicely?" Harry whispered losing focus.

"Are you seriously jealous of a damn hippogriff? Shut up and break the chain already!" Marina whispered-shouted.

"... as witnessed below. Hagrid, you sign here..."

Harry threw all his weight onto the rope, but Buckbeak had dug in his front feet.

"Oh move out the away you moron." Marina said, pushing Harry out of the way lightly.

Marina then quickly broke the chain with her foot, while Harry tied a rope around Buckbeak's neck.

"Well, let's get this over with," said the reedy voice of the Committee member from inside Hagrid's cabin. "Hagrid, perhaps it will be better if you stay inside —"

"No, I — I wan' ter be with him... I don' wan' him ter be alone —" Footsteps echoed from within the cabin.

"Buckbeak, move!" Harry hissed.

Harry tugged harder on the rope around Buckbeak's neck. The Hippogriff began to walk, rustling its wings irritably. They were still ten feet away from the forest, in plain view of Hagrid's back door.