seventy seven

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 stood in front of Slughorn's office. Tonight she was meant to be attending some dinner party, and all of "Sluggy's favorites" were going to be there. And these past few weeks, Marina had been dodging Slughorn's dinner parties, with excuses like I'm really busy with captain stuff or I'm really busy studying for Snape's quizzes.

But this time, Marina just couldn't dodge the professor's invitation.

Well...at least Ginny and Hermione were going to be there.

"Do I have to go?" Marina yawned quietly.

"Yes your already late!" Pavarti said standing outside of Slughorn's office

"Can't you or Lav just come along?" Marina whined.

"No!" Pavarti shrieked, "He invited you specifically. Plus... Lavender is busy with organizing the meetings for Divination Club. She said this year Firenze chose her to organize the meetings and for me to organize what we'll be doing in the meetings."

"Fine, I'll go alone. But I'm only going if you tell me what's going to be keeping you so busy on a Saturday night like this?" Marina smirked.

Pavarti scoffed. "Shadid. He said he needed help with the Divination homework, apparently he's quite terrible at reading crystal balls."

"More like he wants to snog you. Anyways...I should go. Bye!" Marina said, then walked into Slughorn's office to see lots of students and Slughorn around a large table eating some ice cream.

Harry suddenly stood up from his chair, then awkwardly sat back down.

"Good evening sir. I'm sorry about me being late." Marina said.

"Miss.Weasley! How splendid I am to see you! And don't worry your head about being late, it seems like everyone arrived a few minutes late. Come sit next Zabini, there's an empty chair next to him." Slughorn smiled brightly.

"Wonderful I get to sit next to one of Malfoy's gang members." Marina said in cheerfully fake tone.

Slughorn chuckled. "Well I'm glad to have an awfully honest student. Now Belby, I heard you went backpacking with your Uncle Tetius, the potions master that created the Wolfsbane Potion, and the minister of magic?"

Belby, who was eating his ice cream very unmannered, then Zabini leaned over to Marina and whispered.

"Well isn't it entertaining to watch Belby stuffing his face?"

Marina sniggered. "I know right, and look at McLaggen."

McLaggen was looking at Hermione, and trying to lick his finger seductively.

"Wow what a turn on isn't he?" sniggered Zabini.

"And what exactly does your parents do in the Muggle world Miss.Granger?" Professor Slughorn asked Hermione.

Hermione put down her spoon. "They're dentists, sir. They attend to people's teeth."

Slughorn looked very fascinated. "Ooh! And is that considered as a dangerous profession?"

Hermione giggled. "No, but once I remember a ten year old boy Robbie Fenwick bit my father because he had to get ten stitches!"

"So.." Zabini whispered, "Why don't you and I grab a butterbeer or two maybe."

Marina looked at him with a observant look. She knew of his playboy reputation. And obviously had no time to get played herself.

"Bit fast don't you think? If I can properly remember from last year...I believe me and Pavarti Patil saw Draco Malfoy call our best friend, Lavender Brown, a worthless mudblood while you stood, and watched. With absolutely no interference."

"Well Marina..." Zabini replied, "I never thought of you as the judging type. But I suppose if your so judgmental against me because I'm friends' with Draco, I suppose you can just say a plain no."

Was Blaise Zabini really interested in her, or just wanted to snog her for half an hour then go play another innocent girl's feelings?

"Fine. I'll think about it. But are sure you can go that long without thinking or snogging about some other girl?"

Zabini sighed. "Marina, I'm interested in you only. I'm not some dirty scum bag anyway."

And...did poor Marina have no idea what Blaise Zabini's secret was.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 potions alone a few days after Professor Slughorn's little gathering. And she was bound to be late as she had decided to take a new and unknown route today. But luckily she had at least half an hour to arrive for Potions class.

Marina kept up a relentless flow of encouragement all the way up to an unknown corridor of a staircase, and by the time she reached the long case of marble stairs, she felt even more happy as she reflected on her thoughts.

She was the Gryffindor Quidditch assistant captain, was in a few N.E.W.T classes, had two great friends, and was on the perfect path to soon be working in the Ministry Of Magic, specially, the department called, "Transfiguration Law".

Which surprisingly, was the department McGonagall had worked in before she had been the Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts.

When Marina pushed open the tapestry to take the new path of going to Potions, however, she found themselves looking at some fifth year Sytherlin with Blaise Zabini, who were in a close position and kissing eachother very passionately.

Suddenly, Marina's veins were boiling with anger. How could Zabini do this to her?! And like hell he was going to get away with something like this!

Marina then cleared her throat loudly and folded her arms. Making Zabini and the fifth year Sytherlin get off of eachother.

"Couldn't help yourself to some innocent girl could you?" Marina said shaking her head.

"Innocent girl? I'm his girlfriend of two months?!" The girl shrieked, then ran off crying.

"So...cheating on your poor sweet girlfriend with me. And probably many other girls. Interesting...very interesting. I guess you really did inherit something from your mother didn't you? You dirty scumbag." Marina said walking closer to Zabini, step by step.

"Don't talk about my mother like that Weasley." Zabini spat.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have cheated then Zabini." Marina snapped, and with the wave of her wand, Zabini's mouth was turned into a beak.

"Have fun snogging girls with a beak Zabini!