eight

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 in Transfiguration (waiting for her favorite Professor to arrive) with her two favorite people

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 in Transfiguration (waiting for her favorite Professor to arrive) with her two favorite people. One, Lavender Brown, now crying. All because of something about Trelawney and her rabbit. Marina hadn't understood when Pavarti explained, who was in a rush. So currently, Marina and Pavarti had their arms around her and was explaining something to Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas, who were looking very serious.

"What's the matter, Lavender?" questioned Hermione anxiously as she, Harry, and Ron went to join the group.

"She got a letter from home this morning," Parvati whispered. "It's her rabbit, Binky. He's been killed by a fox."

"Oh crap...so that's what happened..." noted Marina.

"Oh," said Hermione, "I'm sorry, Lavender."

"I should have known!" said Lavender tragically. "You know what day it is?"

"Er -"

"The sixteenth of October! 'That thing you're dreading, it will happen on the sixteenth of October!' Remember? She was right, she was right!" Lavender cried.

Marina sighed. "Lav...don't worry...Binky is happy in urm...up there, in pet heaven..."

The whole class was gathered around Lavender now after hearing Trelawney. Seamus shook his head seriously.

Hermione hesitated; then she spoke again, "You - you were dreading Binky being killed by a fox?"

"Well, not necessarily by a fox," said Lavender, looking up at Hermione with watering eyes, "but I was obviously dreading him dying, wasn't I?"

"Oh," said Hermione. She paused again. Then - "Was Binky an old rabbit?"

"N - no!" sobbed Lavender. "H - he was only a baby!"

Parvati and Marina tightened their arms around Lavender's shoulders.

"But then, why would you dread him dying?" said Hermione.

Parvati glared at her.

"Well, look at it logically," said Hermione, turning to the rest of the group. "I mean, Binky didn't even die today, did he? Lavender just got the news today -"

Lavender cried loudly.

"- and she can't have been dreading it, because it's come as a real shock -"

Marina stood. "Why don't you just piss off Hermione?!"

"Don't mind Hermione, Lavender," said Ron loudly, "she doesn't think other people's pets matter very much."

Suddenly, Professor McGonagall opened the classroom door at that moment, which was perhaps luck; otherwise Hermione would have made Lavender cry a whole bucket.