❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 day of the summer holidays, Marina laid on the floor of her bedroom reading Seeker Weekly. She couldn't wait to start her fifth year of Hogwarts. And of course, Marina was slightly relieved Harold wasn't expelled so she would get to see his (gorgeous) face again around Hogwarts. But...he didn't need to know her opinion.

Suddenly Hermione, Harry, and Ron entered her room with a handful of letters.

"Booklists have arrived," Ron said, throwing one of the envelopes up to Marina, who was now laying up front. "About time, I thought they'd forgo- tten, they usually come much earlier than this..."

She then opened her letter: It contained two pieces of parchment, one the usual reminder that term started on the first of September, the other telling him which books her would need for the coming year.

"Only two new ones," Harry said, reading the list over Marina's shoulder. "The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 5, by Miranda Goshawk and Defensive Magical Theory, by Wilbert Slinkhard."

"Stand back or else." Marina sassed.

"Or what?" chuckled Harry.

Marina looked up to him. "Are you testing me?"

"Maybe..."

Crack.
Fred and George Apparated right beside the two.

"Oi stop flirting with our sister." George said. "You two can do that at Hogwarts."

Harry turned pale as a ghost.

"We don't flirt." Marina spat. Harry looked to her slightly surprised. Marina punched his arm.

"Ow..."

"Wuss." Marina mumbled.

"Anyways, we were just wondering who assigned the Slinkhard book," added Fred conversationally.

"Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," said George.

"And about time too," said Fred.

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked.

"Well, we overheard Mum and Dad talking on the Extendable Ears a few weeks back," Fred told them, "and from what they were saying, Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year."

"Not surprising, is it, when you look at what's happened to the last four?" said George.

"One fired, one went bye bye, one's memory removed, and one locked in a trunk for nine months," said Marina, counting them off on her fingers. "Yeah, I see what you mean."