sixty nine

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 was swirling against the icy windows once more; Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single-handedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees for the Great Hall; garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the banisters of the stairs; everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of suits of armor and great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at in- tervals along the corridors.

But as much as Marina and Pavarti tried to enjoy their holidays, they couldn't.

Ever since Ron and Lavender had gotten together, it was like they had been glued to each other. It wasn't like they were normal girlfriend and boyfriend, all they did, all day long, was snog each other.

And ever since Ron and Lavender had been going out, it seems like they had forgotten about their friends. Especially Ron, who wasn't on speaking-terms with Hermione.

As Marina was about to go to the common room alone (since Pavarti was with Shadid), she found Lavender sat in Ron's lap. She quickly gagged then ran to the library. To find Harry and Hermione whispering in a corner.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes," said Hermione, while the librarian, Madam Pince, prowled the shelves behind them. "I really couldn't care less."

Harry looked extremely scared of Hermione at the moment as he nodded.

"Granger, Harry." Marina said sitting down on the table with a cigarette in between her lips.

Harry (who was still in shock they were both on a first-name basis, and too busy staring at Marina) smiled brightly at her while Hermione shook her head smiling to herself.

"God why don't you just marry the damn book if you love it so much? Ron says you sleep with the thing anyways." Marina scoffed quietly looking at Harry's tattered potions book.

"Why are you jealous assistant captain?" Harry smirked.

"No! Just stop calling me that, it's Marina!"

Harry felt like his lungs stop. Marina Weasley wanted Harry to call her Marina!

Hermione rolled her eyes at Harry. "Anyways — incidentally," said Hermione, after a few moments, "you need to be careful."

"For the last time," said Harry, speaking in a slightly hoarse whisper after three-quarters of an hour of silence, "I am not giving back this book, I've learned more from the Half-Blood Prince than Snape or Slughorn have taught me in —"

"I'm not talking about your stupid so-called Prince," said Hermione, giving his book a nasty look as though it had been rude to her. "I'm talking about earlier. You see her?"