❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 was extremely gloomy. Heavy clouds of pewter gray swirled overhead as Marina, Pavarti, and Lavender examined their new course schedules at breakfast. A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament.

"Today's not bad... outside all morning," said Marina, who was running her finger down her schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures... shit, we're still with the Slytherins "

"Double Divination this afternoon," Lavender giggled, looking down.

Marina groaned quietly. Divination was gee least favorite subject, apart from Astronomy.

"You should give it up like me, Marina." said Hermione briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning.

There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. The owls circled the tables, looking for the people to whom their letters and packages were addressed. A large tawny owl soared down to Neville Longbottom and deposited a parcel into his lap – Neville almost always forgot to pack something.

On the other side of the Hall Draco Malfoy's eagle owl had landed on his shoulder, carrying what looked like his usual supply of sweets and cakes from home. Marina then received a two letters and a small parcel in her lap. Benny squealed at her to open it.

Inside the parcel, was a new edition of Seeker Weekly. In the first letter, that was very messy and covered with ink splatters, was from Sirius.

Dear Cherry,

I hope your doing well and you haven't killed off Harry yet. I can't say too much, in case this is found by someone other than you. But I am safe and hiding with a large precious birdie. I have also heard about the Triwizard Tournament from my wife. You probably haven't met her yet, but she is quite wonderful. I think you two will get along well. Anyways, the tournament is quite dangerous. So keep an eye out for that.

Siriusly,
Sirius

Marina smiled as she then opened the next letter. Which surely was more organized and smelt like the scent of Molly Weasley, warm cookies and flowers.