2

Stella Flores

I grab my headphones from my back pocket and I plug them into my phone. I pop them into my ears and I press play on the music I was previously listening to. I mostly listened to classical music, not because I liked the way it sounded but because of its role in my childhood. I stop walking when I reach the double doors of the office and grabbed the long rusted handle and pulled. I don't know why they made these doors so heavy.

As I walk back to my station, the bell rings. Lunch. I grab my bag and I begin saying bye to all the office workers when Mrs. Romero stops me. "Stella? Do you mind doing me a quick favor?"

"Of Course not. Whats up?"

"Do you mind asking the young man that you escorted to his classroom today to come to the office? I can't find the transfer papers from his previous school. He might've forgot to give them to me."

I hum out a yes, and head straight to the lunch area. I was really eager to get there to see Isla. I haven't seen her since Friday because she had a cheer competition on the weekend. "Stella!!" I feel two arms wrap around me from behind and suddenly a heavy weight on my back. Of course, It didn't take me very long to figure out it was Isla jumping onto my back. I smile widely and turn to her as she jumps off of me.

She was wearing a short black skirt with a thin, cropped, pink tank top. She had on fishnets and black boots, with her long dark hair rested over her shoulders. She wastes no time grabbing me and hugging me, tightly. After a few long seconds, she pulls out from the hug and takes a step back, a big smile lighting up her face.

"Ive missed you so much." I smile at her statement and grab her hand. I interlock my fingers with hers and continue walking to our usual table while engaging into conversation with her about her weekend.

I sat at the table that we always sit at, not worrying about the fact that we take up a whole table for just the two of us. Isla grabbed her lunch from the lunch ladies and headed over to our table. Behind her, I see Harry grabbing a banana from one of the bins at the end of the line. "You need to eat." I hear Isla mutter out as she sticks a cheese stick into her mouth.

I roll my eyes and place my hands on the table to stand up. "I'll be right back." She makes an annoyed remark that I didn't seem to hear, and I head to the table where Harry was sitting.

In one hand a half peeled banana that he was already munching on and in the other, his phone. I walk to him and quickly sit beside him to avoid getting in trouble for standing. He looks at me doing the action and a sadistic grin curls onto his face. "Miss me already blondie?" I smile and roll my eyes.

"Actually it's Stella, and no Mrs. Romero is just missing a few papers from you. Some transfer papers from your old school."

His stupid boyish smirk still on his face, he responds. "I have them but they're in my locker. Care to walk with me to get them, Stella?" He says my name slowly and sarcastically as if he was only saying it to mock me.

"Im sure you'll manage finding your way to your locker and back without getting lost. Just give them to me when you come back." I scoot my chair back and stand up. As I begin to walk away, I feel a strong hand come to my wrist. Before I can protest he stands up and starts walking to the exit door, pulling me along with him. I quickly glance at Isla, and I swear I have never seen her look so confused and happy at the same time. She shrugs her shoulders and widens her eyes to me. As Harry is pulling me with him, I couldn't explain so I just shrug one shoulder.

I try to pull my arm in hopes he would release it as we are exiting the cafeteria, when I hear a distant voice from the hallway next to us. "Is there a problem here?" I look over to see my ex boyfriend, Brandon. Harry calmly looks back at him and laughs, not taking him seriously, and continuing in his direction.

Brandon was a sweet guy but he just saw me as an accessory. He didn't want to get to know me or just simply have a conversation about me. He just wanted to have sex and be seen with me at parties. Not because I am 'cool' or 'popular' but because he simply wanted to have a pretty girl by his side.

"Hey! I asked you a question."

Harry grunts and stops walking, turning to him and letting go of my wrist. Instead, he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Does it look like there is a problem?"

By now, Brandon was right in front of us. Harry practically towered over him. Brandon wasn't short he was maybe 5'9 but Harry was a lot taller. He steps forward getting really close to Harry, slightly looking up at him. "Leave the girl alone." Brandon mutters through his clenched teeth as if I was some damsel in distress who needed saving. Of course, there was nothing I needed to be saved from so Harry just laughed.

Obviously, that just pissed Brandon off because he shoved Harry, pushing him in his chest. Harry, surprised from the action, got taken a step back and immediately stopped laughing. He took his arm from around my shoulder and places it to his side. This can't be good. "Brandon, just go. I'm fine."

"No Stellie. I can't leave you alone with this bastard."

The second Brandon finished his sentence, Harry landed a punch right to his nose causing Brandon to fall to the ground. He grabs his nose and looks at his hands covered in blood from the hit. "Harry!" I look at him in shock. On the other hand, he didn't look too shocked, he still looked angry.

I run up to Brandon and crouch next to him. "Oh my god are you okay?" I reach my hand to touch his face and he swats it away with one hand while holding his nose with the other. "Don't fucking touch me." I look back to see Harry and he is gone. I stay next to Brandon in silence, not knowing what comes next. He just stares at me as if Im supposed to know how to handle this. I wasn't very good at figuring out what to do in the moment.

What am I supposed to do?

Go follow our twitter for updates and teasers. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you like it:) -L

twitter: harrystacos21