12

Stella Flores

"The police are on their way." I pull my head up off of Harry's shoulder and look at her behind me. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you Stella." I know she is. I would be for me too.

I form my lips into a line and nod. "Thank you."

"Do you want me to call anyone? Your parents?" I immediately shake my head. They would freak out. I really don't want them to worry over something that doesn't need to be worried about. 

She nods and half smiles, "Very well. It's your decision." 

Mrs. Avery was a peculiar principle. She was tall with red hair, and pale blue eyes. She was always dressed professionally, and she spoke just the same. I, myself, happen to adore her. I wouldn't want anyone else running our school. She is a raging feminist, who is pretty badass. She knew how to handle every and any situation.

Now it was a waiting game. Just the anticipation of what will happen. It is completely unpredictable. I also had no idea when they were supposed to arrive, so that didn't help. 

I hear sirens approach and my stomach sinks. This is a very scary situation and I am so nervous.

The police walk into the room and Mrs. Avery stands up. It was one male and one female cop. "Hi, I'm Officer Jennings and this is my partner Officer Castillo." She looks to me and smiles, again with pity. She looks back to Mrs. Avery, "Do you have a more private area that we can use?"

Mrs. Avery nods and extends her hand out, pointing to her office. Officer Jennings nods and looks to me, "Are you ready?"

I don't think I'll ever actually be ready. This is something really  serious. It's not a joke or a game.It's something that could've been a lot worse, and I am forever grateful that it wasn't. 

 I hum out a yes in response and stand up, following her into Mrs. Avery's office.

She sits in the big chair behind the desk and I sit in front. She pulls out a notepad and a pen, then looks up at me. "Like I said, Im Officer Jennings and I'm here to ask you a few questions, Is that alright? My partners are looking for your attacker as we speak, so you are safe here."

I nod softly and she smiles. "Is there anyone you would like me to call or anyone that you want with you for support while I ask you these questions?"

That sounded really nice. I couldn't call Isla because she didn't know and I don't really have time to catch her onto speed. The only people that know are Harry and Mrs. Avery and frankly I didn't want Mrs. Avery to burst into tears or something. Harry on the other hand, he has done and said everything that I needed him to. "The boy that was um, the one that's sitting out there. Can it be him?" She nods and stands up. She opens the door and motions her hand in a 'come here' motion.

I hear a few footsteps before Harry walks into the room. "She wanted you here for support." I see his eyes soften a bit and then he walks to the chair next to me and sits.

"Are you ready to start now?" I nod my head and take a deep breath.

"Remember just take your time and breathe. You are safe now. We can also stop at any time if you want to."

I nod my head again. It's good to know that I can stop if I need to. I just want to get this over with already.

"Alright. Can you give me the full name of your attacker?"

I take a deep breath and respond, "Earl Grey. I'm not sure if he has a middle name."

She scribbles does on her notepad as I spoke. "Did he attempt to get you alone or were you alone by chance?"