50

her outfit for later in the chapter!

Stella Flores

We laid on the living room floor in silence.

Silence can be so many things, deafening, awkward, weird. But this wasn't any of those things. It was comfortable. I stared into his green irises, wondering how anyone's eyes could be that beautiful.

I always wanted that fairytale romance, you know? The sweet boyfriend who your parents love, and he makes you feel like the only girl in the world.

I got something better.

I got love. When I'm with him, I feel so captivated and engulfed in our moments. I feel like I'm flying. You can never fully understand love until you have it.

I'm one of the only lucky ones who get to have it.

My eyes felt heavy, and I knew I was falling asleep. I fought it, wanting to look at him for as long as I could.

Police sirens.

My eardrums were ringing and all I could hear was police sirens.

"We have the house surrounded. Come outside with your hands on your head. We don't want to have to go in there."

I opened my eyes, and Harry was pacing back and forth in the room. "They found me." He kept muttering it over and over.

I jumped out of bed, peeking out of the window to see about eight cop cars all pulled into our driveway. Police were lined up with guns in their hands.

Harry looked at me, realizing I'm awake. He paced over to me, grabbing my arms. "Baby you have to leave. Say I kidnapped you, or whatever it doesn't matter." He looked into my eyes, his green irises pooled with tears.

I shook my head, "No, I'm not leaving you."

He placed his hands on my face, placing a simple kiss on my forehead. "You have to. You'll go to jail."

"We are trying to be reasonable but if you don't cooperate then we will use force."

I felt my chin quivering. Is this really the end? "I don't care. I won't leave you." We were running out of time. It's crazy how last night we were dancing in our living room, and now our love story is ending.

He puts his hand on his forehead, stammering. "I-I. We can get out of here, take the guns and shoot anyone who comes in our way. We'll run and-"

I cut him off, shaking my head. "We can't run forever baby."

A most horrid idea popped into my head. I rushed over to the nightstand drawer. I opened it, pulling out two pistols.

Harry's eyes widened, and he shook his head. "No, no, no. I'm not-"

I walked up to him, one gun in each of my hands. "No matter what we do, we won't be together. Unless-" I raised my hands in between us, showing him the guns.

He brought his hands into his hair, pulling it harshly in frustration. His tears started to spill onto his cheeks, and he hugged me. His arms embraced me, and for a moment I forgot our situation.

"I can't let you die for me." He sounded defeated, and sad. "You can't kill yourself."

I sat on the floor, in the middle of our bedroom. He followed, sitting right in front of me. I placed one gun in his hand. "I'm scared, Harry. I don't want to go to jail." I took a deep breath, collecting myself. "But I'm not scared of dying."