4

Stella Flores

"And that is why i was running down the hallway with that guy." Isla shoots me a bright, devious smile. "I know what that look means, don't even say it."

Raising her eyebrows up and down, suggesting something, and in a singsongy tone, she says "Someone's got a crush." I roll my eyes at her childlike behavior. "He is not even my friend. We are just, acquaintances."

"Please. Spare me the bullshit. You even kissed him." Maybe i shouldn't have mention that part. I wasn't even sure if i had really kissed him.

"I don't know if I actually kissed him. It doesn't sound like me." 

Stella Flores. Please report to my office immediately. Thank you. 

The loud speaker turns off and Isla looks at me. 

I practically jumped in my seat. I have never been called to the office before. Am i in trouble? Oh god what if they think i'm involved with Brandon getting hit? Or worse. What if Harry wasn't lying about the kiss? What if someone saw us kissing and reported it? Oh no. I don't want to get in trouble.

I grab my bag from the seat and look at Isla who looks as confused as i am. I shrug my shoulders and just stand up to exit the lunch area.

As i walk into the office, the first thing i see is Brandon, with a taped up nose. My instinct was to go to him and ask him if he was okay but I am way to nervous to do anything but figure out why i am here.

I knock on the door that lead to Mrs. Avery's office, and Harry opens it. He shoots me the same devilish grin he always has and walks right passed me. He sits right in the lobby, a few chairs next to Brandon. I look back to the door that was open in front of me. Mrs. Avery was sitting at her desk and she subtly waved her hand, motioning me to come in. I did as i was told and closed the door behind me.

I sat down in one of the black leathered chairs and placed my bag on the floor. "I'm assuming you know why I called you in Ms. Flores."

I obviously did know but i shook my head no, to avoid her making me explain. "Well, Mr. White claims that Mr. Styles hit him during lunch hour and you watched the whole thing. Mr.Styles agrees that you were with him during lunch hour but he says never hit Mr. White. Now you're not in trouble, I just brought you here to tell the truth."

Before i could even think, I shook my head no. Why did i do that? No clue. "Harry and I were together during lunch hour but we didn't even see Brandon at all. There was no way he could've hit him during that time, he was with me the whole time." 

She gave me a small smile and nodded her head. "Very well then." 

She stood up and adjusted the maroon pencil skirt she was wearing, and walked towards her office door. She held it open for me to walk out. "You and Mr.Styles are both free to go. Mr. White may i speak to you?"

Before even looking at Harry, I already knew what expression he wore. I looked at Brandon to see his mouth open in shock. As if he expected me to say the truth. Honestly, I would have expected myself to be honest too. I have no idea why I just lied.

Guilt filling my body, I quickly walk out of her office, Harry following.

Why did i do that? Why would i go against my personal morals for a boy that I just met yesterday. Who i don't even particularly like.

Suddenly I feel his hot breath against my ear as he whispered "Good girl." 

I felt my stomach do a cartwheel, to those two simple words. I wasn't going to let him get into my head. I can't. So, I smile and roll my eyes.

When I got back to the cafeteria, Isla wasn't at the same table as before. I was looking around to find her and I didn't see her anywhere. She probably just went to sit with some other people. Lunch was almost over, and I really didn't feel like socializing with anyone so i just sat at our empty table.

Isla being gone left me alone with my thoughts. How could I lie about something like that? Harry didn't even hit him for a good reason. Which even if he did, it's still wrong. Either way, Brandon is probably going to get in trouble now for 'lying' about Harry hitting him when I'm the liar. Not him. I feel horribly about it.

This was the exact reason, I can't be friends with Harry or even be around him. He's not a good person. He is simply just an arrogant son of a bitch who will eventually start affecting me if I let him. I need to stay away from him.

As thoughts were circling my mind, the bell rang and i grabbed my stuff to go to my final class of the day. Science.

I walk over to my usual seat on the left side of the classroom. There was no assigned seating for this class but i liked to sit in the same spot every class. The class is set up in two seater tables. One chair right next to the other.

The person in the chair next to me would rotate from time to time. Usually, whoever sat there didn't really bother me but as he sat down next to me, I realized that this time, it would most definitely bother me.

There he was, looking at me with that cocky expression of his, sitting right next to me. It's not that big of a deal. I just won't speak to him for the two short hours of this period.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when the teacher began speaking and class had officially begun. "Today's assignment will be started in class and finished at home. You will be constructing a solar powered oven with the person sitting next to you. This is due on our next class on Friday. Considering I am giving you all the materials, you should have plenty of time. We are taking a test now and when you and your partner finish you can begin working silently until dismissal."

Of course, we never have group projects and the day i actually do not want to work with the person next to me, we suddenly have one. I don't want to worry about it too much, we will probably finish in class anyway. I'm pretty sure i did the same thing in like 6th grade.

I finished my test rather quickly, then double checked it. I stood up and turned in my paper. I take out the book I am currently reading, Bridgerton: The Duke & I , waiting for Harry to finish.

He watches me as i pull the book out of my bag, and he just starts laughing softly. Like a 'seriously'  type of laugh.

I kept peeking up from my book to see where he was by on the exam. After a few looks i realized, he had been on the same page for the past hour. He was avoiding finishing on purpose. I have not one clue why but I just wanted to get this project done.

"started in class and finished at home-" He wants to have to work on it outside of school. At this point, the little games of his are getting tiring. I look to the teacher who is not paying the slightest bit of attention to his classroom, then whisper to Harry. "Can you go any slower?"

He turns his head to me and widens his eyes at the paper. "I am trying to take a test here. You really have no consideration for hard working students. Jeez." He rolls his eyes sarcastically and looks back down to his paper. 

The dismissal bell rings and he circles one last answer on his paper. He grabs his bag and smiles at me, "My place or yours?"

Bridgerton: The Duke & I is actually a book i read and it is a great "friends to lovers" book. Especially if you like that era in London. Let me know how you feel about this chapter in the comments. As always thank you for reading:)  -L