17

This is Stella's outfit later in the chapter. The picture is from pinterest:)

Stella Flores

I felt reality fade away as I dozed off to sleep, until a knock on my room door made me wake up completely. I sit up, "Come in."

My mom walks into my room, my phone in her hand, and makes her way to sit next to me. She hands my phone to me and half smiles, "I'm sorry. It's just that you make me feel like you don't enjoy your life and that hurts me." I grab my phone, getting very angry as she victimized herself, yet again.

I nod my head and force a fake smile. "Thanks Mom but I think I'm going to go to bed now."

She exhales and stands up. I can tell she wanted to say something else but she chose not to. Instead, she just walked out of my room.

I appreciated her effort to apologize but it wasn't sincere because if it was, she would never treat me like that again.

I opened my phone and the first notification that my mind decided to notice was a text from Harry.

Harry: let's go roller skating tomorrow night

Me: harry

Harry: what? we'll go as friends ;)

Oh if only he knew what he did to me.

Me: fine. I'll meet you there at 7?

Harry: mhm

I wish I had the willpower to stay away from him. At least we made an agreement to stay friends because as bad as I want him, it could never happen. He's not the type of guy I should be with nor am I the girl for him.

Wait does he mean that we are going roller skating alone? Like a date?

I hated roller skating anyway. So maybe i just shouldn't go. There is no good reason. Except I already told him I would go and of course it's rude to back out on your word.

It's settled then. I'm going. Only because I don't want to be rude.

I'm over exhausted at this point. It's been a very long week.

I grab my phone, barely having my eyes open and look at the time, 7:32AM. No one was awake yet for sure. Maybe I should earn myself a few brownie points and cook breakfast for everyone.

I brush my teeth, and wash my face before walking down stairs to the kitchen. I decide to make eggs and toast for today's family breakfast.

"What are you doing?" I turn my head to see my Mom standing at the stairs, looking fairly surprised as I was placing all the plates with food on the table.

"I made breakfast." I smile proudly, grabbing a few glasses to serve drinks. She walks down the stairs and my dad follows, sitting at the table where I had set up a place for them.

"Taylor!!" I yell, hoping she's already awake so she can come eat with us. I hear a few footsteps, so I'm assuming she was in fact up.

After a few minutes, she comes downstairs, eyes widened and a little less shocked than my mom. "What's the occasion?" She pulls out her chair and takes a seat.

I also sit, and smile brightly as everyone stares at me, confused about why I just made a family breakfast.

"Well, I just wanted to do something nice." I lie through my teeth, considering I only did this so my mom would let me go out.