41

Stella Flores

Last night was a dream.

After everything, Harry took such good care of me. He was so gentle with me. He cleaned me up, and changed my clothes. Then we cuddled until we fell asleep.

This morning, I admitted something to myself. I wrote a poem about it. It helped me cope with this new feeling. It helped me understand it.

He made me breakfast again, and when I asked why he kept cooking for me, he told me that he wanted to make sure I was eating.

God, what could I have possibly done to deserve him?

We decided we were going to go to a bar tonight, since there wasn't much else to do here. We couldn't even go in the pool at night because of the bugs. Plus, we were leaving tomorrow morning.

I decided to wash my hair, to leave it natural and curly. I've learned to love myself a lot more than I did before. I've come so far in the past month since I met Harry.

I used to be this insecure girl, who wanted to fix everyone's problems because I couldn't solve my own. I didn't want anyone to feel how I felt. But I don't feel that way anymore.

I feel confident, pretty, and most importantly, I felt happy.

I had just finished getting ready, and let me just say, I was in love with my outfit. Harry was wearing his typical black jeans, black shirt. The amazing combo that I've learned to love. And who can forget the iconic dirty black converse.

"Hi baby." His arms embraced me along with his lips.

I love kissing him.

"Hi." I couldn't help but smile, as we started to walk downstairs together.

We got into his car, and I put on my seatbelt. Before he could beat me to it, I grabbed the aux cord, plugging my phone into it.

He laughed lightly, starting the car. "You better have some good music taste."

I played the 'folklore love triangle' songs giving him a lesson, explaining every single detail to him. Isla and I had spent so much time analyzing it, and now I finally had someone to show it to. He seemed pretty interested, and to my surprise he knew a bit of 'cardigan'.

We finally arrived at the bar, going inside. It was more like one of those karaoke, sit at a table, type of bars.

We picked a round table, and Harry told me he was going to the bathroom. I ordered some chicken wings, since I didn't get to have mine the other night, and water. I wasn't planning on drinking tonight.

He came back, sliding himself into the chair in front of me. "You're going to hate me." He smiled, taking a bite out of one of the chicken wings.

I furrowed my brows, "Why?" I let out a small laugh, also taking a chicken wing.

"You'll see."

My attention turned to the two drunk girls singing 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's. They sounded more like 'oOoh iT's watcha do to mEee'. But hey, it was some pretty good entertainment.

Harry snickered, making fun of their absolutely terrible singing. "Shut up. I bet you can't do any better." I gave him a look before continuing my very serious business with this very delicious chicken wing.

"Is this a challenge?" He raised his eyebrows, cleaning off his hands with a napkin. "Fine."

Well shit. I knew he was going to do better. Even though I had only heard him sing once, and it was like ten seconds, it was beautiful.