20

You can play the song when she says the song name:) it's optional.

Stella Flores

I slid on my docs and my blue sweatshirt. I rushed downstairs, Isla was already waiting and honking her horn relentlessly. She was so impatient.

I locked the door as I ran out, and jumped into the passenger seat of her car. "I hate you." I look at her, semi out of breath.

She smiled widely and handed me the cable to connect my phone to the radio. "I love you too."

I took it and plugged in my phone as we drove away from my house to school. I went through my playlist and a certain song caught my eye. London Boy by Taylor Swift. I wonder who will come to mind as I play that song now.

I tap it causing it to blast through her car speakers and obviously she recognized the song making her flash me a knowing look.

"What?" I tease as if I didn't already know exactly what she was thinking. As if he wasn't exactly what I was thinking of.

But something happened, I heard him laughing

I saw the dimples first and then I heard the accent

They say home is where the heart is

But that's not where mine lives

I scream-sang the words as they made a vivid image of his cheeky smile appear in my head making a smile slide onto my lips. The windows slid down slowly as Isla pushed down on all four window buttons, causing wind to blow into the car. My unironed, curly hair flying everywhere.

I open the middle compartment, taking out a pair of sunglasses I had purposely planted there for times like this. I messily threw my hair into a bun, not really caring. After Harry made that comment on how he liked my natural hair, I didn't feel the need to iron it to feel pretty anymore.

"Ready babe our part is coming up?" Isla slightly yelled over the music making me realize our iconic, favorite part was arriving.

Babe don't threaten me with a good time

They say home is where the heart is

But God I love the English

We were always a bit overly dramatic on that part. We always sang it as if we had a member from the English community that we adored like Taylor Swift did. Well I guess I do now. Right?

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized the song finished until Isla reminded me. "Songs over but before you play something else can you update me on your London boy." She played with her words, making a barely funny pun.

"Ha ha." I sarcastically laughed, my face dropping immediately when I stopped. "But yes I'll tell you."

She rolled up the windows, a child-like smile meeting her lips when I agreed to tell her about Harry.

I ruined her excitement, "If-" I spoke completely seriously, needing to discuss conditions.

"Here we go." She whispered just loud enough for me to hear, hurting me a bit. She said it as if I was difficult or hard to convince or something.

"If you agree not to nag me about it. Him and I aren't official or anything and we both have individual freedoms to do whatever we want with whoever we want." I speak seriously, sliding the glasses up onto my head.

"Fine just tell me." She nodded, wanting me to finally just spill what was going on.

I take a deep breath and smile at the thought of him. Things ended really well last night and truly I was excited to see him today.