10

Stella Flores

"Do you know how worried we were?" I nod my head, not wanting to argue.

"I'm sorry. I should've set an alarm." My dad scoffs and looks to Mom.

With one hand on her hip, and the other, pointing at me, shaking her finger, "Of course you're sorry. You are grounded and don't even argue with me."

I figured that they were going to ground me. They are pretty lenient most of the time, but when I pushed their limits, they didn't have a problem putting me in my place. It was usually just that I wasn't allowed to have anyone over or leave the house unless I'm going to school.

I walk upstairs, just wanting to shower and obviously not going to argue.

I grab my towel from my room and get in the shower. I wasn't washing my hair, so I didn't take too long.

Once i finished, I walk into my room and grab a school hoodie, and a pair of sweatpants. I'm not going anywhere anyway so I want to be comfortable.

I pick up my laptop and open Netflix. My plans for the rest of this weekend are simple, watching a bunch of rom-coms and binge reading.

After a couple movies, I get a text from Isla.

Isla: what are you doing?

Me: watching 'the notebook' lol

Isla: you embarrass me. do you want to come out to eat with me and Caden?

Me: I can't. Im grounded.

Isla: and? you have a window, jump out.

Me: haha, you are so funny.

Isla: i am. but seriously figure something out, i'll be there in 10 minutes

I want to go with them but I really shouldn't risk getting into more trouble. It wasn't like me to even do what I did last night and I'm not particularly enjoying this new me. Isla has always tried to get me to 'loosen up' and party with her but I just don't see interest in that. I honestly don't even see the point in it. Like why would I want to go and get drunk and then do things I'll regret later. For a bit of fun?

Partying is simply just not my cup of tea and especially partying with Isla. She always pressures me or guilt trips me into doing things. She just wants me to have fun, I know that, but still it can be a little much sometimes.

I put on some deodorant and a bra. We were not going anywhere nice enough for me to change my clothes or try beautifying myself. I was planning on just walking out of the front door. Its 1:30 am and my parents are sleeping. We also don't have any cameras so they can't catch me.

I sit around on my bed and wait for the 'im here' text when I finally received it.

I grab my wallet and walk downstairs, as quiet as I could possibly be. I unlock the door and slip out, carefully closing it so it didn't make too much noise.

My secret, late, dinner was alright. I couldn't stop thinking about that dream I had of Harry. I didn't usually dream, and if I did, I didn't remember them. So, it was a bit weird for me to dream about him and remember every detail of it.

"Your really not going to eat?" Awakening from my daze, I look up at Isla who was stuffing her face with macaroni and cheese. I shake my head and smile at her consideration. I wasn't hungry.

Isla was a lot of things but overall she was a great friend. I will always love her no matter what. She's been there for me through so much and she genuinely cares about me which is a lot to say.