34

No Perspective

Tuesday: 5:30 A.M.

"Jones, let's hear it."

A tall brunette man, Jones, stands from the conference table, moving to the projector screen. "First victim: A 41 year old female in Gainesville, Florida. Serious head trauma, and multiple stab wounds to her lower abdomen." He changes the screen with a small hand-held remote, now showing pictures of the woman. "Her now 18 year old son, Harry, is still missing and presumed dead after a body was found not far from their family home, matching the boy's description but we are still waiting for the DNA results."

The screen changes once again to a picture of a man, and a few crime scene images next to it. "Second victim: Chad White, 52 year old male, in Miami, Florida. He was found, stabbed to death in his home." The pictures on the board change yet again, now to pictures from the scene.

"His son, Brandon White, was also found dead the same night. He hung himself. We were suspicious that the suicide set up was a cover up for a possible murder but autopsy reports show that he in fact died from suffocation."

A young woman raises her hand, to ask a question before an older man, standing by the door, speaks. "No questions right now."

Jones continues on, "Third victim: Also in Miami, Florida, a teacher at the local highschool, Earl Grey. Like the other victims he was found stabbed to death, but there was something different about this one." He clicks a button, changing the screen to a collage, names, dates, and times under each picture. "The first two victims did not show any signs of a fight, as if they were just stabbed, and done. On the other hand, Mr. Grey had marks on his neck, showing indication of strangling. Though, that wasn't his cause of death, the killer certainly knows what he's doing. We have cause to believe that this particular victim was someone our killer may know, possibly have a vendetta against."

"So we think the killer traveled from Gainesville to Miami, kills a random guy, then proceeds with his revenge? I don't think that's the case. Maybe this guy just put up a fight." A dark-skinned woman says from the other side of the table.

Noises of scribbling pens fill the room, as everyone writes down their notes on the case.

"On to our next victim, Billy Meyers. A white, 45 year old male, found in his Miami home, you would never guess, stabbed to death. Like the first two, this one showed no indication or signs of fighting. And our killer hasn't struck in about a week." He turns off the projector, taking his seat at the table again.

He opens a manila envelope, taking out a few large printed pictures. The first is an image that was previously shown on the board of one of the victim's, Mr. Grey, neck marks.

"He's definitely right handed. He choked him with his left hand, and the marks aren't as prominent as the marks he left with his right." The same woman from before speaks and again, everyone begins scribbling on their notepads.

The woman with a previously denied question jumps in, "And the only relation we have between the victims is that all of them have a son, correct?"

Jones nods, a few people writing it down. "Yes, three out of the four victims are males who live in Miami."

The same woman asks another question, "How are we sure that the first victim, the female in Gainesville, is also related to the other murders?"

Jones pulls out another paper from the manila envelope, now being a printed document instead of a picture. He hands it to the woman asking, and explains. "They all were reported by the same person. That's a voice recognition on all of the 911 calls. It's always the same, the operator picks up, and our killer claims that he would like to report a murder. Therefore, why the public has given him the name."