24

Stella Flores

I walked into the large glass doors, taking in the beautiful view of the pretty boutique. "Wow." I murmur under my breath, truly amazed.

"I know." Isla smiled widely, running over to the front desk, I'm assuming to check us in.

It looked like there were reserved areas for each party. Girls came with their moms, boyfriends, friends, but I came with Isla and that's it.

I was kind of excited to pick a dress. I was thinking something pink or maybe even yellow. I was going to coordinate my dress with the prom theme but the prom committee was supposedly "not ready to reveal it yet."

Isla scurried back next to me before excitedly grabbing my wrist, unexpectedly pulling me at a medium pace until we reached a small room.

It was surrounded by vanilla white curtains, and there was a cute leather couch with a glass table in front of it. It was so nice but my excitement didn't really kick in until I turned my head to see a mini bar cornerized.

I looked over to Isla, eyes widened, "How the hell did you get them to give minors a room with alcohol?" I laughed gently, walking over to it.

She threw her hands up in the air innocently, and shrugged. "I don't know but I do know that everything is complementary so drink away." She deviously smirked, before walking over to one of the curtains, pulling it open to reveal a closet full of dresses.

I grabbed two glasses, pouring our starter of very expensive champagne. I squealed softly, trying to contain my elation.

I handed her one glass before clicking them together, "Cheers to women because I fucking hate all men. Especially Caden and Harry." She gave a fake smile before sipping her rosè elegantly.

Her and Caden had broken up this morning again. I slept over her house last night and this morning I woke up to Isla screaming.

She was yelling at Caden because he supposedly hooked up with some girl at his party last night. I'm not sure, but when we went to school today he tried to apologize by saying that the girl he slept with was "not even as pretty" as Isla. Yes, those were his exact apologetic words.

As for Harry, I didn't see him today, thankfully. Last night was weird. He told me that I was nothing to him and he also stuck up for me with that guy, in his own twisted way. It was a sweet gesture.

I sipped my champagne before walking behind Isla into the wide closet, filled with a variety of different dresses. All different styles, colors, shapes, sizes, etc.

As we walked through, a few dresses caught my eye and of course I grabbed them in my size so I could try them on once we had finished walking down the long hallway of endless prom-wear.

I was losing hope as every single dress was not right. Some didn't fit nicely, some were too bright, and some were just awfully itchy. I groaned, wiggling out of the pulsating pink dress that I was not going to be seen dead in.

I grabbed one of the last few dresses on the rack, filled with items that I chose, sliding it onto my body.

It was pretty, pale, pink with kind of a mesh on my upper-chest. I turned away from the mirror to show Isla, but I didn't see her. She must've gone to ask something at the front desk.

Minutes passed and Isla still hadn't come back so I decided I was going to go look for her. I wasn't embarrassed to be walking around in this outfit, considering everyone here was trying them on.