51

Stella Flores

I woke up, immediately realizing that I was alone in the bed. I rubbed my eyes, finding a note on his pillow.

Open the closet baby. -H

I furrow my brows, confused but I do as the note says, getting up and going to our closet. There was a large black garment bag zipped up to the top. I opened it up to see a beautiful purple dress that also had a note attached to the hanger.

Don't put this on yet. And when you hear a knock, open the door. Yevgeny will let you know when it's time to put on the dress. -H

Yevgeny? Who the fuck is that? Suddenly I heard a knock from our front door downstairs. I rushed down, opening up and seeing a tall man. My gaydar is going off with this one.

"Hello darling! I'm Yevgeny, your dashing husband hired me. Can I come in?" His thick Russian accent pulsing through his voice.

I nodded, stepping aside, letting him come in. He walked inside, pulling a large black suitcase with him. "I'm doing your hair and makeup. Harry sent me some sample pictures, and can I just say, that man is a dreamboat." He started opening up his suitcase, revealing makeup and all sorts of hair appliances. "Usually straight men don't know the first thing about hair and makeup but this man of yours seems to know exactly what he's doing."

I smiled, and grabbed a chair from the dining room table, pulling it to where Yevgeny was setting up his stuff. "Do you know what he's planning? Because I woke up about ten minutes ago and I am very confused."

He smiled, inspecting my face with his eyes. "You have beautiful bone structure." He unfolded a small table, putting his stuff onto it. "Happy birthday by the way darling." He gave me a warm-hearted smile.

If he knew about my birthday, Harry told him. And if Harry told him, then Harry knows. How does Harry know? Is this all for my birthday?

A couple hours passed and Yevgeny was finally done doing both my hair and makeup. We made small-talk about Harry and random things. I hadn't looked in the mirror once since he started but he did my hair first and I went to brush my teeth before he started on my makeup. I stole a quick glance in one of the hallway mirrors and my hair was all clipped and wrapped in curlers. I'm honestly very nervous.

Before Yevgeny left, he gave me a note from Harry, also telling me that it was time to put on my dress.

I looked at the note, reading it.

At 4:00 there will be a car outside waiting for you. It'll take you to me and your birthday surprise. Love you.

P.S. Your shoes for tonight are also in the garment bag with your dress. -H

Now I'm really confused. What the fuck does Harry have planned?

I look at my phone to see the time, 3:25. So I had about forty-five minutes to get dressed and get in the car to go to Harry. I went upstairs to my bedroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked so goddamn good.

Both my hair and makeup looked super natural yet it looked so pretty. The look fit with the dress so well.

I put on the dress, a bit upset that Harry wasn't here to zip up the back for me but I managed. I slipped on the pretty heels Harry picked for me, and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I walked down the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. I didn't want to slip in these heels.

I walked into the kitchen, popping a few donut balls into my mouth because I was starting to get hungry. It's insane to me that a few weeks ago I wouldn't even look at donuts, scared I would gain weight.

I've gotten so comfortable in my own skin lately and honestly it feels so fucking good. Harry did play a role in my recovery but it was me that accomplished it. He showed me what it felt like to be loved. Truly loved.

My mom made me believe that all her nasty comments about my weight and appearance were because she loved me and wanted the best for me but that isn't love. Love is when you cherish a person despite their outsides. You see that person as beautiful no matter if they weigh ninety pounds or five hundred. It doesn't matter.

Beauty is within and when you love someone, you realize that.

Harry made me realize that.

It was finally time to get into the fancy black car that awaited me outside. The woman driving was so sweet. She introduced herself, and made boosting comments on how I looked, calling me beautiful and saying Harry was lucky to have me. She even played some Taylor for me.

She dropped me off at a place called Pandora's Box. From the outside it looked like a party rental place, purple strobe lights filling the entrance hallway. I felt like I was going to a very fancy prom/ball.

I walked in the double doors, seeing my beautiful husband.

"Happy Birthday baby."

next chpater coming later today:) -L