48

here is stella's outfit and this song isn't in this chapter but you could listen to it while reading near the end if you would like:)

Stella Flores

God, I'm so happy.

Right now, we are in the car, driving to a 'surprise place'. We stopped at a market place, and only Harry got off. He said that he needed some 'stuff'.

I know, very specific.

He texted me, saying no peeking right before he came back to the car. I closed my eyes, covering them with my hands. I had no idea what he was buying but I decided that I was going to wait.

Everything is so surreal. Three days ago, I was having dinner with my parents. Now Jim is dead, and I'll never see him or my mom again.

My mom is a lot of things, but at the end of the day, she's still my mom. I still love her.

And Jim, Edward, or whatever the fuck his name is, I learned a lot of things about him. I learned that he hits women, left his son who was only a kid to take care of his sick mother, and he married my mom to escape his old life.

We were replacements.

I wonder if he would hit my mom too. I wonder if behind closed doors, he would show his true colors. I was so naive.

Harry killed people. He let anger and pain cloud his judgement. And now, I'm in fucking North Carolina, running away with him. And as fucked up as it is, I'm so happy.

I feel guilty about being happy. I feel guilty that I didn't mourn Jim's death. He is not my dad. He never was. He was a fake.

Obviously I was sad when I saw the man who I thought was my father dead on the floor. But the moment I found out the truth, I just felt angry.

Angry at Harry, angry at Jim, angry at myself. I wonder if my mom knew about Jim's past.

The car stopped, and I shook away my intruding thoughts, looking up. We were parked in the middle of a random field, filled with sunflowers.

It was so pretty.

"Where are we?" I looked over to Harry, who was getting out of the car. He quickly walked over to my door, opening it before I could do it myself. "Wow, what a gentleman you are." I took his hand, stepping out of the car.

I clutched my tote bag on my shoulder so it wouldn't slip as I stood up from the car. I took in the breathtaking view, and I immediately pulled out my polaroid camera.

I took a picture, shaking it so it could develop.

So fucking pretty.

I'm not talking about the field anymore. Now I'm talking about my husband. That's so weird. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that we're married.

Harry walked over to the trunk, a picnic basket. No he didn't.

"Surprise." He smiled, holding the basket up.

I shook my head, and watched him as he placed the basket on the floor, pulling out a thin sheet from it. He spread it out on the floor, sitting down. He started taking stuff out, a bunch of fruits, mini cupcakes, and chicken wings.

No wonder I married him.

"You bought me chicken wings?" I sounded more enthusiastic than I should've considering they're just chicken wings. Who am I kidding? They're so much more than that.