11

Stella Flores

I walk over to my locker and grab my science textbook, leaving my other books in there. I hadn't seen Isla all day. I just assumed that since she left my house at like 4 in the morning, she just went home and went to sleep. It sounded like her.

I close my locker and turn around, and standing on the other side of the hall, was Harry. He was leaning against a locker, talking to a girl.

Gross.

I felt my chest rise in anger. He puts his hand on her shoulder and rubs it with his thumb. She smiles and i can hear her giggling, ridiculously. He turns his head to me, noticing that I was watching, and smirks deviantly.

He looks back to the girl in front of him and tucks some loose hairs behind her ear. I can't stand him. He was doing it to piss me off. Unfortunately for him, it's not working.

I turn and make sure that the lock is closed on my locker, then walk toward the science lab.

I sit down in my usual seat, and take out my textbook, as it said to on the board. Harry walks in and plops himself right next to me like I expected.

The teacher picks up a stack of papers from his desk and stands up. He walks to the front of his desk and then leans back onto it, crossing his legs. "I've got your tests, I'm going to pass them out so you can use them as a study guide for the topic test which is next week."

He shuffles around the classroom, handing papers to their rightful owners. He comes to my table and drops Harry's. In curiosity, I peer over and can't seem to see what he got. He looks at me and I instantly move my eyes to my hands that were sitting on the table, so he wouldn't see that i was trying to see his grade.

With the corner of my eye, I see him half-smile and shake his head, looking down. I'm guessing he saw me.

I receive my paper back and I flip it over so I can see my grade. I got a 92.4%. I smile at my success and then I see a small note written in red at the bottom corner. It read 'Good Job! Please see me after class so we could talk.'

Thats so strange. Why would he need to talk to me if I got a good score?

Harry taps me with one finger repeatedly, like a child, "Anise. Anise. Anise."

I turn my head quickly to him, annoyed, "What Harry?"

He stops tapping me and smirks. He grabs his test, so only the back of it is visible to me. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours?" He raises his eyebrows up and down in a playful manner.

I pick up my paper and hand it to him. He grabs it excidetely, and scans the paper with his eyes.

He grins, and hands me my paper back. "What a smart one my Anise is."

I take it and smile. I then hold my hand out waitingly for him to hand me his paper.

He picks it up, shamelessly, and gives it to me. A 87%. Better than I expected. I smile. "I've got to give you some credit, I didn't expect that."

He rolls his eyes, and grabs his paper back. "Of course you didn't. No one does. I mean the average person will see my obvious beauty and assume I have no brains but clearly that isn't the case. I'm the full package baby."

I smile and feel my cheeks blush at his new-found nickname for me.

The whole two-class hours flew by. We read a few chapters in the book, and took notes, then went over the test. I only got a few wrong and I did pretty good. Maybe he just wanted to give me extra credit after class or something.