6. The Hookman 2

Jennie slid down the door, her heart was still hammering in her chest and her eyes were puffy, red from crying. She can't believe it. What just happened?

"J-Jisoo..." The brunette's breath hitched, she placed a hand over her heart. "W-Why...?"

"I thought it would be funny....." The girl across her said softly, not daring to move an inch closer. "Sorry babe--" Jennie's glare instantly shut her up and made her freeze like a statue.

"You thought faking a voice message about a criminal and pretending it came from the radio while making our friend scare the shit out of me is funny?" Jennie's challenged her to answer, hands at her hips.

"Since it was Halloween, yes." Jisoo admitted. "But in retrospect it was not funny." She added quickly before Jennie could open her mouth and wreck her with her angry words. "It was idiotic, dumb -please don't break up with me- stupid, disrespectful, way overboard, absolutely not okay and will never happen again. Never."

Jennie sighed, letting her head rest between her knees that she tugged upwards. While the silence lingered Jisoo made slow steps forward. When she was in reach, she sqatted down and hugged Jennie tightly, she was still shaking as Jisoo gave her a bear hug.

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

"You know I hate scary stuff...."

"I know. I'm sorry. I love you lots."

Jisoo pecked Jennie's head tenderly whilst the younger was still whining in her arms.

"I love you too..." Jennie murmured. "Even though you were a douchebag tonight."

"I'm so happy to hear that." Jisoo sighed in relief.

"That you are a douche?" Jennie quirked a brow.

"No. That you forgave me."

"I didn't forgive you yet." Jennie clutched on her forearm and squeezed it, almost in a threatening manner that made Jisoo stiffen up and listen obediently. "You will so make it up to me. But yeah I still love you and I won't break up with you."

"Anything you want." Jisoo smiled, pulling a bit back to look at Jennie's sullen eyes. "Do you prefer me staying overnight?"

"Obviously." Jennie frowned. "I won't be able to sleep alone. What was it again? Hookman? That will haunt me."

"It's not real." Jisoo assured her, patting her head. "It was just Lisa wearing a hook."

Jennie's eyes widened, suddenly she remembered something. "Do you think Lisa's nose is broken?"

"Honestly? Yes." Jisoo confirmed with certainty in her voice. "It's sooooo broken." She emphasised, her face turning into a grimace at the memory of Chaeyoung driving a bloody Lisa to the hospital. "You knocked her the fuck up. That poor girl was bleeding so hard, the pavement was tainted with red. My shirt couldn't even stop the bleeding--"

"Yeah I get the point." Jennie's frown deepened.

"It was hot though." Jisoo said quietly.

Jennie raised her eyebrows and folded her arms, a perplexed look graced her face.

"I mean, the way you stepped forward and protected me without hesitation was very hot. If ever there was a serial killer after us, you would bust them up." Jisoo said, half joking, half serious.

When Jennie cuddled up with Jisoo and slept it out she had no idea that something shifted in their relationship that night. After that incident, everytime Jennie did literally anything, her girlfriend of four years had to comment it with the same overused phrase.

It could be a work out, cooking or even breathing and Jisoo would have to whistle and husk, "That's hot."

"What is?" Jennie asked over her shoulder as she just closed the car's door.

"It just is." Jisoo shrugged, a certain mischievous glint in her eyes as her eyes laid on Jennie's butt a few seconds too long for it to have no meaning.

Jennie slapped her arm and rolled her eyes. "Help me with the grocieries and stop staring."

"Aye aye." Jisoo complied, grabbing both paper bags from the trunk to carry them to their shared flat. Yes, after that scare Jennie demanded Jisoo to move in. She told her if she doesn't move in completely, she will have to come at times like 3 am, whenever Jennie is still scared from the fright.

"Baby, did you get the newspaper already?"

"Not yet." Jisoo responded. Thus Jennie opened their postbox and retrieved some papers and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"That's hot..."

Jennie tilted her head, sending Jisoo another confused gaze but Jisoo ignored the questioning look and moved towards their home.

After yet another remark (this time Jennie only opened a can of tuna), the brunette was irked out and had to confront her girlfriend.

"Baby, if you keep doing that my ego will be inflated." She said carefully, plopping down beside her on the sofa and stealing one of the two sandwiches she had in her plate.

"I'm not doing anything." Jisoo defended, placing the plate on the table.

"Oh, you know exactly what you are doing." Jennie took a bite and put the rest back to where she stole it from. Putting her focus on staring at Jisoo in a way that will make her waver.

Jisoo swallowed.

"What?" Jennie frowned.

"It's just-" Jisoo started. "...Hot when you confront me so seriously--"

"Baby!" Jennie flailed her arms in defeat.

"I'm sorry! But ever since you swang your fists I see you in a completely different light."

"What? You got a thug kink or something like that?" Jennie inquired to know, more curious than judgemental.

"More like a kink where I'd like you to choke me with your buff arms while you are going down at me with a str--"

Jennie gasped in genuine shock, slapping Jisoo's thigh as embarrassment overcame her and dusted her cheeks pink. "I'm not going to choke you Kim Jisoo!!"

"Bummer." Jisoo smiled teasingly, that type of smile she puts on when she gets on Jennie's nerves purposely.

That's it. Jennie stood up and slapped the side of Jisoo's head lightly, then she marched to the kitchen. Midway she stopped her angry march and pointed an accusing finger towards Jisoo, "And don't you dare call me hot now!" She warned before she continued dashing off.

"Still hot..." Jisoo's smile never left her lips as she craned her neck and kept her eyes glued at her amazing curves and lower asset while she moved her body.

"I heard that!"