44. Coffee Shop

"Just give it up." Jisoo stirred the coffee after she poured milk precisely into the cup. She was currently experimenting with latte art to create a unique heart design.

"You give up." Haein ignored her and continued with his own work, with foam in the cup of espresso.

"She will like mine more." Jisoo glared at him over her shoulder while adding the finishing touch with cocoa powder.

"Nah, she'll like mine better, lil sis." Haein threw her a cocky smirk.

Jisoo clicked her tongue and quickly passed him since she was done before him. She was happy that she was the faster one because she noticed the cute customer was still present.

She sighed dreamily while glimpsing at the cute brunette who was sitting by the window, on her own. She flipped her brown curly hair while she was typing on her notebook.

This customer has been frequently visiting the coffee shop of Jisoo's family. Both siblings had their eye on her since she first entered and the cheerful tune of the bell sounded.

The two have been kind of fighting for her attention - for weeks - with increasingly creative ways of conveying their fondness to her.

"This one is on the house." Jisoo made her way over to her nervously and placed the cup down, biting her inner cheek to remind herself not to stagger and spill the coffee.

The girl glanced at Jisoo for a second, her feline eyes aimed right at her which made Jisoo hitch a breath.

"Thank yo-"

"This one is on the house!" Haein marched over to them and interrupted the customer rudely in Jisoo's humble opinion.

He placed his mug down and shoved Jisoo's further away from her, before she could grasp for it.

"Hey! She was about to take mine!" Jisoo hissed at him.

"Oh, thank god, I just saved her in time!" Haein sighed dramatically to show relief.

"Just you wait!" Jisoo picked up napkins from her table and tossed them at her big brother.

"I'm so scared~" Haein squealed and ran away from her.

"You two! Get to work!" Their mother, Chungya the owner of the place yelled at them, making the customers flinch and glance at them.

The cute customer was the only one who wasn't fazed nor flinched. She was already used to this atmosphere and the antics of the two waiters. In fact she giggled a little.

•••••

"Nini," Lisa tapped the shoulder of her friend, causing her to remove her headphones. "Do you want to come to the club with me and the others?"

Jennie closed her laptop and put her things into her bag. "Sorry Lisa, I need to finish this project."

"The library is closing in five minutes." Lisa helped her friend clean up and spoke quietly.

"I know. I'm going to that coffee shop again." Jennie explained.

"Oh," Lisa's face went from sudden realisation to a smirk. "You have been frequenting that place over partying with me. It's because of that barista you spoke about right? Which one was it again... Jisoo... or was it Haein? I don't remember clearly."

Jennie's face turned to a deep red. She slung her bag over her shoulder and speedwalked out of the library. Lisa followed her, laughing behind her.

"I'm right!" Her tall best friend teased, throwing her a wink over.

"Shut up..." Jennie mumbled and continued to walk but her heart was pounding furiously against her ribcage.

•••••