19. The Other Way

Jennie and her husband Kai were hosting a fancy dinner and invited all of their friends and co-workers. The house was decorated with gold, candles and silverware.

A few maids were serving the dinner as everyone chatted and sipped on their glasses of wine.

Jennie was cutting her steak and taking a bit. Her eyes peered over to a specific woman. She hasn't seen her before but she knew that was the wife of her husband's best friend Suho.

The woman was very beautiful with her smooth raven hair cascading down her back, the white summer dress and her silver necklace. Totally stunning, Jennie wonders why Suho hasn't taken her along more often.

Why would he hide such a beauty? If it was the other husbands they would show her off like a trophy. Just like Kai boasts with her every chance he gets.

"And that's how we met." Suho finished his story as everyone listened attentively. "We danced the entire night and I didn't let go of her. I knew I had to put a ring on her finger."

"That's very romantic." Kai grinned. "Did you also fall for him at first sight Jisoo?"

The raven haired woman seemed to be surprised that she was asked a question, apparently so was Suho because they exchange a stare before he nodded, probably allowing her to answer. This already rubbed Jennie the wrong way.

"No I didn't. In fact, when he first came up to me with a drink, I thought he was a waiter and offered me refreshments." She explained from her point of view.

Suho clenched his jaw that he contained with a small chuckle as everyone else laughed.

"He does look like that with his suit!" Kai laughed to himself, teasing his best friend.

Jisoo didn't say anything after that. Everyone else didn't seem to notice, just Jennie.

So when they stood up and walked around the mansion, watching some of the portraits and decoration while drinking wine and eating snacks, Jennie approached the gorgeous woman. She was all by herself, looking at a drawing of a wilted sunflower.

"Pretty right? We bought it during an auction." Jennie conversed, eyes on the drawing and lips sipping on her glass.

"Pretty." Jisoo nodded, glancing at the woman beside her. "You have a lovely home and husband. Must be nice."

"Oh I have been to your place as well. It was pretty amazing too." Jennie retorted. "I'm going to the balcony, the stars are very bright from here. Would you like to accompany me?"

Jisoo stared at her surprisedly. Soon her eyes sparkled and she nodded.

"All right." Jennie smiled and extended her hand, placing the glass of wine on the table.

Jisoo hesitantly took her hand as Jennie guided her to the balcony upstairs. The mansion was located on a hill, so Jennie wasn't lying when she said the view was beautiful.

Jisoo was stunned by how bright and visible the sparkling dots were from here. She sat on a swing bench with Jennie and looked up while swinging very slightly.

At one point Jisoo shivered so Jennie took her blazer off and draped it over Jisoo's bare shoulders.

To her bewilderment she noticed a few red marks on Jisoo's back that her fingers brushed over. Jisoo shuddered and grabbed the blazer, pulling it to cover her body.

"I'm sorry." Jennie saw her discomfort. "May I ask where those red lines are from? Allergy?"

Jisoo shook her head and pursed her lips. She was about to answer when she heard her husband call for her.