23. A Little Party (Never Killed Nobody)

"Jennie Kim get your cute ass off the couch! We have a party to throw!"

"But I almosted finished building my Lego castle, Chu..." The younger pouted.

"Well, finish it another day. I promised you, this will be your most spectacular birthday party ever." Jisoo gestured animatedly. "No, in fact this will be the best birthday party on the planet."

Jennie seemed conflicted about that idea. "And I told you it doesn't have to be big."

"It has to be gigantic! Remember last year? I must make up for being a jerk."

"You were no jerk..." Jennie gathered white Lego bricks to form the roof of her castle. "I mean you kinda did insult my party and everything I like but at least we became best friends because of my boring party, right?"

[Flashback start]

It was a quiet friday afternoon, a little early for parties but Jisoo was bored and her friends told her they were going to attend this birthday party of a wealthy girl, so she tagged along.

She was disappointed of course.

There was a Toy Story cake, milk in red plastic cups, a small bubble machine for a 'wild' atmosphere and a DJ. However the DJ was the mom, hence the music was child friendly and slow.

Why was there no beer? No games? Nothing?

Jisoo sighed when her eyes landed on a pretty girl. She wore a white silky dress, her hair was long and curly spread down and her dark brown eyes were as alluring as they were intimidating.

The raven wasted no time and approached the girl who was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room with a party hat on her head.

"Hey," She glanced at the girl with a cheeky smirk. "This party is boring, do you wanna leave together?"

Jisoo made sure to speak confidently while pressing a hand on the wall next to the girl's head.

The girl's eyebrows furrowed and her lips formed a shaky pout. "This is my birthday party..." Left her mouth in the shape of a tranquil whisper.

Jisoo's eyes popped wide, she chuckled awkwardly as reflex.

Her nervous laughter shows up whenever she messes up. The brown haired girl looked down and fiddled with her fingers. She had a strong resemblance with a kicked puppy that gives you the sudden urge to embrace them.

The desire to make her smile was growing in Jisoo's chest exponentially with every second the girl kept sulking. "It's really that boring huh...." She mumbled quietly.

"N-No..! I-I mean, it's not that bad!" Jisoo suddenly found herself acting defensive. "That was just a bad pick up line that had no actual relation to this situation! Sorry! I say it at every party!" She claimed.

"You don't have to make me feel better..." Her frown deepened as she spoke with her big doe eyes that were downcasted.

"I'm Jisoo and I want to make you feel better." She spoke calmly. "I can even play the clown for this party, I have experience and am clearly already in that role."

The corners of her lips twitched but she wasn't full on smiling yet.

"I'm Jennie and clowns scare me." She lifted her head, meeting Jisoo's eyes for the first time.

Jisoo could still see the vulnerability in them. It was like receiving a punch in her gut and she only has herself to blame for being a jerk.

"It might not seem like it right now but I'm friendly, I really am. I have no intention of scaring you, Jennie."