46. Nerd

Time for physical education.

Jisoo wasn't the most athletic person but she worked hard in order to keep up with the rest of her class and maybe impress a bit. During her free time she even managed to force herself to work out with her friends.

Today they were playing dodgeball. Jisoo has experience in that because she often throws stuff at her friend, Lisa. Her aim was good.

Just as someone threw a ball at her, she caught it easily and tossed it back, hitting the opponent's torso.

"Nice." Lisa was next to Jisoo, picking another ball up. She threw it to the other team, almost hitting someone.

"I really dislike this game..." Rosé sighed.

"Why? Because you can't hit anyone?" Lisa teased.

"No, I'd be more than capable to win. I just don't like it." Rosé rolled her eyes.

"I love it." Jisoo said when she managed to deflect another ball to someone else.

"It's a terrible game to play at school. It just gives bullies a free pass to pick on... well, them." Rosé gestured to the group of nerds who were barely moving, they just stared around like they were in the wrong movie as balls flew all over the place.

Jisoo glimpsed at them. It gave her second hand embarrassment how easy they were as targets.

The way they dressed, the way they spoke, how timid they were. They simply stood out and there were certain people that enjoyed making them uncomfortable. Although it also looked like they couldn't care less when someone picked on them.

Then a brunette girl joined them, speaking to the boy who was wearing a cylinder on his head (yes a magician cylinder during physical ed).

Jisoo already grimaced as she saw Mino nearing them with two balls in his hands. He had mischief in his eyes, he was the one who enjoyed tormenting them the most and he mostly got away with it because his grandma is the principal.

"Ugh, dodge..." Jisoo muttered as she watched in embarrassment how Mino was showering them with balls that his friends kept handing him.

They were laughing so hard as the other's couldn't defend themselves and just pulled their arms up to their faces.

Jisoo couldn't watch anymore, so she turned away.

"What an asshole..." Rosé glared his way.

"It's better to ignore him, you know he is basically untouchable." Lisa reminded.

When they didn't hear the heavy clashing of ball against heads anymore, Jisoo turned around to see if they were fine. They didn't seem that well actually.

Their faces were really red and so were their arms, probably from all the hits. Besides Mino threw them with all his might, that must have hurt.

Jisoo's eyes lingered a second longer on the brunette. "Ugh, what a dummy... She needs to stop hanging out with those nerds already...."

"Say something?" Lisa scooted towards Jisoo, trying to hear what she was mumbling to herself.

"Nothing." Jisoo forced a smile. For she could never associate herself with them, otherwise she would be a target as well.

•••••

"Jisoo!" Her mother disturbed Jisoo while she was playing PUBG with Lisa and Rosé after school.

Naturally Jisoo ignored her, much like she ignored what happened at PE earlier. Ugh, why is Jisoo still thinking about that. It's almost like she feels guilty even though it was not her fault they were picked on.