61. Karma 8

Jennie arrived to the sight of Jisoo putting a somewhat conscious Lucas into a cab while Soojoo handed the driver money. Jisoo closed the door, and the cab drove away. Jennie had intended to confess her feelings to Jisoo, but seeing how close she and Soojoo were, she hesitated. Then she remembered Madame Jung's advice that the result doesn't matter, only the effort, and she decided to approach them after all.

Jennie stood there nervously, shifting her weight from foot to foot, watching Jisoo and Soojoo laughing together. She took a deep breath and stepped forward, her heart racing. "Hey, guys." She tried to sound casual.

"Hey, what's up?" Soojoo asked with a smile.

Jennie opened her mouth to speak but her words caught in her throat. She felt like she was about to say something incredibly awkward and embarrassing.

"Is everything okay, Jennie?" Jisoo noticed her hesitation and raised an eyebrow.

Jennie shook her head, feeling her face turn red. "Actually, there's something I've been wanting to tell you, Chu. I don't know how to say this, but...I like you. A lot. Like, more than a friend."

"You do?" Jisoo's eyes widened in surprise.

Jennie nodded, her heart hammering wildly. "Yeah. I know it's kind of sudden, and I don't want to make things weird but I just had to tell you."

Jisoo scratched her head, looking flustered. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as the blood surged to her head "I...I had no idea. I mean, I never thought you felt that way about me." She said, her voice cracking a little. "I mean, I always knew you were into pranks, but I didn't realise you were into me too."

Jennie's face turned crimson red upon being called out like that because it might have been the truth, even back then. She started fidgeting nervously. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make things awkward. I just had to get it off my chest."

Jisoo couldn't refrain the corner of her lips tugging into a smile but then she remembered Soojoo's presence. She turned to her awkwardly, wondering if she was uncomfortable with the situation. Soojoo noticed her discomfort and bursted out laughing.

"Don't mind me, you two. I was rooting for you!" Soojoo exclaimed, causing both of their jaws to drop.

Soojoo rummaged through her handbag and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. She unfolded it and showed them a silly doodle of the two of them with big grins on their faces. It was the drawing she made of the two of them smiling and teasing each other at the botanic garden. She doodled it naturally and wanted to give it to them.

"I thought you made a good pair." She exclaimed, smiling.

Jennie blushed, feeling as happy as shy. She was grateful for Soojoo's support and the drawing, which made her feel like things were going to be okay.

When comfortable silence settled in, Soojoo glanced at her watch. "So, I'm going to take my leave but you two have fun." She gave them a sly wink before sauntering away.

"She's even a better person than I had her in my memory." Jisoo said, watching as Soojoo disappeared from their sight.

"Yeah, now I feel stupid for disliking her before." Jennie said, turning back to Jisoo. "She's cool."

"Right." Jisoo agreed, smiling at her. "So, what now?"

Jennie shrugged, feeling suddenly shy again. "I don't know. What do you want to do?"

Jisoo looked at her, her eyes softening. "I want to kiss you, if that's okay." She said, her voice low.

Jennie's heart skipped a beat, assuming that meant she wasn't rejected. "Yeah, that's okay." She whispered, leaning in towards her.