72. Never Forget You

A/N: tw//bullying, and a heads-up, this has more than 30k words

_________________

When Jisoo was young, she was a clumsy and forgetful girl. During pre-puberty she also wore almost only wore baggy clothes, along her bob cut.

That wasn't what caught the attention of her classmates solely though, what made her stand out was the fact that the company of her father just went through a huge scandal.

Basically Jisoo's family went from super rich to super poor in the span of a night. Her father's company was tangled in a major scandal.

The company was accused of fraud and embezzlement, causing her family to lose everything they had.

He was arrested and sentenced to prison, leaving her and her mother with no choice but to move to a small, rundown apartment in a poor area of the city.

It was a shock to Jisoo when she was woken up in the middle of the night because they had to move away. She didn't have her own room anymore, no butler, not even her clothes or her technological devices. Suddenly they were in a small box with cracked windows and a creaking wooden floor.

It took years to adjust to the sudden change. One day her private tutor also stopped coming and Jisoo was told by her mother that she had to visit a public school.

She was as excited as she was nervous. Her father was a big name, they might know who she was too. Her mother even warned her they might harass her and what Jisoo should do is not to fight back but to tell on the teachers right away.

Jisoo took her worn out backpack where the holes were sewn together by her mom. Then she waddled to school, for the first time.

After every corner she turned to inspect every direction, to be on guard for people ambushing her. No one seemed to recognise her yet which was a good thing.

Of course it changed when she was assigned to her class and introduced herself. Her teacher just had to reveal who she was and who her parents were.

Her classmates went from disinterested to completely intrigued in a split second. Jisoo recognised the ill intent in their eyes. In each of their eyes, except for a little chubby-cheeked brunette.

Jisoo automatically stared at her feline brown eyes that seemed very harmless. She was the only one who still didn't really care and even yawned.

Adorable. That's the first thought Jisoo had about her. She was pressing one hand against her left chubby cheek as she locked eyes with Jisoo, offering her a small smile.

Jisoo smiled back and only moved when the teacher told her to take a seat next to said adorable girl whose name apparently was Jennie.

"Everyone welcome Jisoo warmly." Her teacher said at the end before she proceeded to start the lecture.

She tried to focus on the front where the teacher was showing something on the chalkboard. She noticed that her classmates were taking notes.

She didn't have any paper or pens in her backpack, there was only a bottle of water.

So Jisoo sulked in her seat, unable to write along like the rest of her class. Suddenly Jennie leaned over and dropped a pencil and a piece of paper on her desk.

She whipped her head to look at her but Jennie was already back to focusing on the class, her expression blank.

"Thanks..." Jisoo whispered, receiving a small nod. Then she lowered her head and returned her gaze to her paper.