37. Fake Love 4

Shivers went down Jisoo's spine, she shuddered, completely shocked and taken aback. No, no no.... What should she do now?

"Hi there." Haein repeated and stepped closer because he got no response. He smiled at the two women.

"Hello." Jennie responded politely.

"Hi babe!" Jisoo blurted out too loudly and enthusiastically. The other two were a bit startled. Especially Haein.

"Babe-"

Jisoo interrupted the man and threw her arms around his neck, causing him to choke on the crisp air.

"I thought your husband was at work..." Jennie mumbled to herself, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Husband-"

"Aw, he is always like that. He pretends to be busy, then he surprises me." Jisoo smiled at Haein lovingly and booped his nose, making him grimace.

"I see. In that case, I should probably leave. Nice to meet you, I'm a friend of your wife." Jennie bowed. She introduced herself as quickly as she left.

"What the hell Jisoo? When did we even get married? Mind proposing to me first?" Haein pulled away as Jisoo sighed, looking at him remorsefully.

She felt guilty for involving him, she apologised profusely. It didn't seem like he wanted an apology though. He wanted an explanation.

So Jisoo explained the situation to him.

"Oh..." Haein trailed off, sitting down on a bench as he processed what she just told him. "So you like her?"

"That's what you are asking me? No calling me dumb or being angry?" Jisoo tilted her head questioningly.

"No. It's your choice to built a relationship based on a lie." Haein shrugged, being blunt with his words. "Back to my question?"

"...I like her." Jisoo admitted shyly, her cheeks donning a red shade.

Haein seemed surprised. His eyes largened and his big shoulders sagged. "I see..." He sounded disappointed, his voice quiet.

"I'm sorry." For some reason Jisoo felt the need to apologise again, but not for using him in her deception. For something else.

"It's okay." Haein forced a smile, clearly trying to lighten the mood. "I guess we are married then."

"Wait.... You are going to play along?"

"Nah. I won't actively play along but if you need me, I'm there."

"I'm sor-"

"It's okay. You can stop apologising." He sounded sincere when he said that. Then he tugged on his cap and motioned her that he was going to leave.

She didn't stop him, she just watched him go. Not only from this place but also as a potential partner for her. She chose the photographer over her coworker.

After she took a few seconds to take it all in, her eyes darted around to see if Jennie was still there and indeed. She only walked a bit further and was holding a camera, a different one.

A red Lomo instant camera. It appeared like she was loading the film since she opened the Camera Back Door and stalled a new pack into the Film Chamber.

Jennie noticed her staring eventually and waved her hand. Jisoo tensed up, a blush covering her cheeks. She stepped forward as the two met up again.

"Where did your husband go?" Jennie asked, slightly confused as her eyebrows raised.

"Urgent call from work." Jisoo excused.

"Too bad." Jennie stated sympathetically.

"Right."

"Does that mean you are free again?"

Jisoo nodded her head as a smile graced Jennie's lips. She extended her hand and led the raven forward.

•••••

It all went well, they strolled around the park, played around and grabbed something to eat. It all went well, until they walked across yet another person who apparently knew Jennie. This time it was a man and he wasn't very happy to see her.

"I told you to never cross my path again." The man glared at her. "You should have some shame after what you did with my fiancé."

"I should be ashamed? Even though it was you who chased her away all on your own? Maybe if you hadn't been such a jerk."

Jennie's voice was still sweet even though he marched up to them and towered over her with a scowl on his face. He clenched his jaw, his hands balling to a fist.

Jisoo didn't want the situation to escalate, so she stood in front of Jennie and bowed profusely.

"Sorry, sir! We will go another way and make sure not to disturb you again!"

She grabbed Jennie's hand and dragged her away before she could open her mouth and provoke him further.

"Seriously... what was that? Did you have to say that to him? He could have easily hurt you." Jisoo sighed.

"It doesn't matter to me." Jennie shrugged.

Jisoo stopped walking and stared at her with a disappointed look, Jennie must have felt the dejected feeling radiating from the other because her smile fell and her expression turned serious, as well as regretful.

"I'm sorry." Jennie hurried to say. "Are you tired of me?"

"That's not- I'm just concerned. It's not that I hope you would choose me and stop seeing other women-"

"I'm not seeing other women. Not now." Jennie interrupted her, her tone told her she wasn't lying. Even though Jisoo couldn't be too sure, she was still dubious.

"And I'm not going to." Jennie added, stepping closer to raise her hands and caress Jisoo's cheeks. "At least not, if you don't want me to." She leaned closer and connected their lips.

Jisoo closed her eyes, succumbing to the passionate kiss and the feeling of desire deep in her lower belly.

Finding some self control after minutes, Jisoo tapped Jennie's chest as the other pulled back.

"I don't know..." Jisoo told her insecurely. Jennie might be lying to her and Jisoo is also lying. It's like Haein said, a relationship based on a lie.

"Would you still be interested in me if I wasn't married?" Jisoo brought herself to ask, her head lowered.

Jennie's eyes widened. "What?"

Jisoo didn't respond and kept her head low. She heard clear her throat as she shifted on her feet.

"I don't have a kink for affairs..." Jennie let out a small laugh. Then turned serious again as she held Jisoo's chin and lifted it up, their eyes locking. "I have another reason. But I have to admit, it does relieve me that you are married."

That's what Jisoo expected, yet hoped not to hear.

Jisoo frowned, her eyes wavering. "Maybe we shouldn't- shouldn't see each other anymore..."

"Do you really want that?"

No, not really. She just has a bad feeling since they are wishing for something the other is not.

"It's okay. I'll leave." Jennie's downcasted eyes and the pout on her lips made Jisoo's heart flutter. The former withdrew her hands and turned around.

Jisoo grabbed Jennie's wrist. "You are really not seeing another woman?"

"Of course not." Jennie told her sincerely, looking at her over her shoulder.

"Okay, I trust you." She isn't even sure if she believes her own words but so far Jennie hasn't given her a reason to doubt her. Aside from the number of hook ups she apparently had.

"Can I trust you too?" Jennie's question caught her off guard, causing her to drop her hand.

"Just kidding." Jennie flashed her a charming smile. "I trust you, of course."

She really shouldn't.