59. Karma 6

"Hey Winter, would it be weird to like someone who used to be super mean to you?" Jisoo asked her cousin after her date.

Winter sighed, already having seen the need for this conversation coming. "Personally I think you could indeed go for someone who wasn't so terrible to you but I can see that it's different now and she makes you happy. So I won't judge you if you like Jen-"

"Wait! Who said anything about Jennie??" Jisoo backpedalled, her face boiling in embarrassment.

"You literally- Ugh, whatever..." Winter groaned. "So are you going to tell this someone who is definitely not Jennie that you like her and want her to stop setting you up with someone else?"

"Uh, I don't know. She is only being so nice to me now because she feels bad about how she treated me before. I think she wants to help me be happier and then she would leave my life again." Jisoo told her the worries she had.

"And you don't want her to go?"

"Not really. I feel like a kid again when I'm with her, but this time I have a good time."

"You are sure you don't see her as your friend?"

"I guess. I mean, during my date with Soojoo, my heart only skipped a beat when Jennie's hand brushed against mine to take a look at my notebook."

Winter listened as Jisoo continued to rant about her fluttering feeling. The latter hid her face between her palms as she went on. Winter couldn't restrain a giggle, understanding that she really felt attracted to her, regardless of how different they were.

"Why don't you tell her?"

"So she laughs in my face?"

"You think she would do that?"

"Uhh...." Jisoo trailed off, unsure what she believed. 

There was a part in her brain that told her she was definitely a loser in Jennie's eyes who needed her help to live a little. And when she was done playing her fairy godmother, she would vanish, not having anymore interest in her.

*****

Jennie couldn't stop thinking about what Ningning said about her liking Jisoo. She needed some answers and Madame Jung was the only one she could think of. The sisters reached the entrance of the fortune-teller's tent, Jennie barged in impatiently.

"What brings you here at this ungodly hour?" Madame Jung asked because the fun fair wasn't technically open for visitors yet. It was too early in the morning and everyone was just preparing their tents. (Obviously Jennie climbed over the fence and dragged her sleepy sister along).

"I need to ask you something about Jisoo. Can you tell me if she likes me?" Jennie requested.

"I can't reveal that information. It's not ethical to spy on someone's feelings." Madame Jung glanced at Jennie with a raised eyebrow.

"I know, I know, but I just need to know. I can't stop thinking about her." Jennie sighed.

"What's going on? Why do you care so much?" Ningning, who was still half asleep, asked. "If it's about what I said, just forget about it."

"I can't. I think you were right..." She admitted sheepishly, scratching her pink cheeks.

Ningning listened to her sister patiently, she rarely looked this embarrassed about a crush. For her three exes she told them with a straightforward expression and didn't make a fuss about it like she is doing right now. 

"Can you at least give us some advice?" Ningning turned to Madame Jung.

Madame Jung smiled. "Love is a tricky thing. Sometimes, the person we love doesn't love us back, and sometimes they do, but we're too afraid to admit it. The best thing you can do is be honest with yourself and with Jisoo. If you like her, tell her. If she likes you, she'll tell you too. And if not, then it's better to know and move on."