76. I'll put a curse on her and you 4

The metal door of her locker squeaked open as she retrieved her books. When she closed it, her peripheral vision caught a sight that made her pause.

Her ex was engaged in conversation with Jinyoung, a popular boy from the basketball club.

He leaned in, flashing a charming smile as he delivered a joke. Jennie's jaw clenched involuntarily as she observed the exchange. Her gaze narrowed on Jisoo, polite laughter escaping her lips in response to his attempt at humour.

Her ex, being kind, laughed of course. But even though Jennie couldn't hear him clearly, she knew the joke wasn't funny. It was probably a dad joke. He wasn't funny. He was annoying. So annoying.

"Don't even think about it." Rosé flicked her forehead, making her whine.

"W-What?" Jennie blinked, rubbing her forehead.

"Don't even think about cursing him too." Rosé clicked her tongue. "You need to control your jealousy."

"I'm jealous!?" Jennie fumed, totally offended by the unjustified accusation.

"You're practically emitting steam... You hate seeing her with someone new." Rosé shrugged nonchalantly.

"I am not!" Jennie protested, her cheeks flushing.

Rosé leaned against the lockers, crossing her arms. "Okay, then what's bothering you so much about Jisoo talking to Mr. Popular over there? And don't even try to deny how much it angers you. I can see it."

"He's... annoying, and she shouldn't waste her time on someone like him. Why is she even talking to him?" Jennie huffed, attempting to downplay any personal feelings in the matter.

"Maybe they're friends." Rosé suggested.

"Friends?" Jennie scoffed. "Jinyoung? Friends with Jisoo? That's a joke in itself. No boy that talks to her wants to be just her friend. And she doesn't even notice it. You understand now? I'm concerned."

"I get it. But you've got to focus on yourself now. Let her live her life, and you live yours." Rosé advised gently.

Jennie blinked, lowering her gaze. She squinted her eyes and took deep breaths. Then she looked up at her friend and pursed her lips.

"You are right. I have to focus on me. We are not an us anymore." Jennie nodded her head, seeming peaceful.

Rosé was beyond surprised to find her so accepting, she smiled in return and agreed with her.

"Let's go to class?" Jennie led the way, Rosé right at her side. When they were about to enter the classroom, she spoke up again. "Ah, I forgot a book, go ahead." Then she went back to her locker.

And she also went back to glare at her ex and new boytoy.

"Focus on me my ass..." Jennie mumbled to herself.

Her hand hovered near her wand as Jinyoung casually touched Jisoo's shoulder. She gritted her teeth, trying to suppress the surge of irritation that threatened to consume her. 

Rosé was waiting near the classroom door and saw what her friend was doing. She sighed before she went in.

Jennie felt the need to intervene, to reclaim some semblance of territoriality over the girl she once called hers.

"Jisoo." Jennie greeted, her tone sharper than she intended.

"Oh, hey, Jendeuk!" Jisoo turned towards her, a surprised smile lighting up her face as if she was delighted she greeted her. (She was so totally clueless to the irritation in her voice).