47. Polar Opposites

"I'm going to break up with Jisoo."

Way to start a conversation with her closest friends. Hoyeon immediately spit her wine out, while Doyeon chocked on her baguette.

"W-What...?" Hoyeon gasped.

"I'm going to break up with Jisoo." Jennie repeated.

"If this is another silly fight-"

"No, this time it's real." Jennie stared at her friends, giving them her most serious expression.

Doyeon and Hoyeon frowned.

"Why...?" Doyeon asked, confused. "You always say you love her so much. I thought things were going smooth? You never mentioned anything."

Things were good. Jennie does love her still. But love isn't enough. Recent events proved to Jennie that she and her lover were just way too different.

Jisoo is proper, prim, serious. Sure, she is caring and protective too but the other side of her normally has the upperhand. She is a prime example of a business woman. Always thinking with numbers, her heart comes second.

Meanwhile Jennie is a rebel. She is liberally raised unlike the conservative Jisoo. Jennie is sassy, outspoken, loves to have fun before she thinks.

Jisoo is so proper, of course Jennie loves that. She always told herself, her ideal type is a hard worker, someone like Jisoo. Yet, these days, she wishes to have more fun, only a little bit. That's all she is asking. But Jisoo can never agree.

Even when they go out for a drink, Jisoo is too careful. Even when she is drunk (which happens once in a blue moon) she doesn't let loose. She is all serious.

She won't join Jennie on the dancefloor, she doesn't skinny dip at night with her and bask in the moonlight, she doesn't like spontaneous dates or adventures. Everything is carefully planned. No risks.

Jennie misses a little thrill. Back when she was a teen in New Zealand, she was known for being the biggest partygirl. It took the prim Jisoo to make her settle down and tone it down a notch with her old lifestyle.

Sadly she reached an age in her life where she missed her childhood and yearns for it.

"It's because she won't jump into our pool with me." Jennie answered, making both of her friends look more confused than before. There were questioning marks floating above their heads.

Therefore Jennie clarified.

"She won't jump into our pool, from our roof. At night. Fully clothed." Jennie continued. That didn't help either.

"Um... so let me get this straight..." Hoyeon pondered. "You are breaking up with her.... because she doesn't want to die....?"

"She wouldn't die. It's not that high." Jennie defended.

"But is that really your reason? Are you sure about it?" Doyeon spoke with a concerned tone. "You do love her, don't let go of her over a spontaneous idea."

"It might sound like that but I have thought it over and over. It's not spontaneous. It's something I had as a concern for a long time." Jennie explained.

Her friends sighed, then leaned in to give her a tight hug from both sides.

"As long as that makes you happy..."

•••••

Now came the harder part. Telling Jisoo that Jennie was breaking up with her...

"I'm home." Jisoo's voice, as well as the clicking of the door almost made Jennie drop the plate she was holding.