39. Loved You First

Her hands tangled in his black curls as he trailed kisses down her smooth neck. She was fumbling for her keys, he turned increasingly impatient and eased his growing desire by rubbing himself against her thighs. The young couple managed to enter the house, their lips connecting as she was pressed against the wall.

The light was yet to be turned on as they made out in the dark living room. Jisoo moaned as Haein bit down on her neck. He threw his coat to the floor. Then his hands traveled from Jisoo's waist to her breasts and that's when the lights were suddenly turned on.

Haein winced and jumped back, shocked. He glanced ahead and saw a brown-haired woman with feline eyes and chubby cheeks sitting on the faux-leather sofa. She was sipping on a glass of red wine as she waved at him, seemingly amused.

"Woah, what the hell…" The man felt his soul momentarily leave his body. He put his hand over his chest and caught his much needed breath.

"Hi!" The woman greeted, lifting her glass before bringing it to her smirking lips.

Haein turned back to Jisoo and checked for her reaction but she didn't seem surprised at all. In fact she rolled her eyes as a deep sigh went past her red lips, as if she was completely used to this kind of disturbance.

"I told you, I had a date and we would come back home. You were supposed to sleep somewhere else…" Jisoo mumbled, annoyed.

"Ah, was that today?" The woman acted innocent but the playful grin on her face was evident. "My bad, sorry Chu." She threw them an apologetic look over.

"Um…" Haein cleared his throat, gaining their attention. "Is that your roommate? You did say you have one."

"That's-"

"Hi! I'm Jisoo's wife, Jennie!" The brunette laid the glass down and enthusiastically walked over to the couple to shake Haein's hand firmly.

Haein blinked as the woman was shaking his hands while smiling at him brightly. Yet the very tight hold she had on him was telling him she was anything but happy to see him.

"You must be my wife's new boyfriend. Nice to meet you!" She winked at him.

Jisoo's face flushed red and she grumbled under her breath. She pulled on Jennie's arm to pull her away from him, then glared at her.

Haein was still in a state of shock. "Sorry? Her what?"

"I'm her wife." She repeated clearly, no hesitation in her voice.

"Ex wife." Jisoo corrected, pressing the heel of her palm against her forehead.

"Oh no, wife is correct. I never agreed to a divorce and never will." Jennie shrugged, unbothered.

"You are insufferable!" Jisoo groaned.

"Love you too, Chu." Jennie cooed and booped Jisoo's nose, smiling warmly while the other glared at her.

Haein blinked again. "Ah… I see…" He chuckled awkwardly and looked at the door. "Um, I guess I'm leaving then…?" Without waiting for either of them to respond, Haein grabbed his coat and bolted for the door, vanishing into thin air.

Jennie couldn't wipe the silly grin off her face, her cheeks were slightly red, indicating that she might have drunk more than one glass.

Jisoo flailed her arms in the air and started to scold Jennie profoundly, letting her frustration flow right out of her.

"You always do this! Do you even know how many of my dates you ruined just with your presence!?" Jisoo dashed past her and aimed for her bedroom.

"I'm just sleeping on the sofa like always. Because someone won't let me back to our bedroom-"