74. I'll put a curse on her and you 2

Jennie and Rosé left the Halloween party abruptly. They mounted their brooms and took to the night sky. The moon shone behind them and the cool autumn wind whipped through their hair as they soared through the night.

They found Suzy at the balcony, sipping coffee from a mug. She raised a hand and waved as the two landed, their brooms gently touching the ground.

"Hello, my dears! How was the party?" Suzy asked with a warm smile.

But before anyone could answer, Jennie practically leaped off her broom, her eyes wide with panic, and began ranting.

"Aunty, you won't believe what happened! It was a nightmare! I... I did something terrible! I cursed Jisoo and Suju, with a death curse, aunty! I didn't mean to, but I was so angry, and then I just... What do I do?! Help!!"

The brunette witch basically threw herself at her aunt's feet, begging for her to undo it.

"Who is Jisoo and Suju?" Suzy asked, taking another sip from her coffee. As if what her niece just told her, didn't alarm her at all.

"It's actually Soojoo." Rosé pronounced correctly, sighing. "Jennie doesn't like her. Well, she obviously dislikes either of them now."

"Why is that?" Suzy inquired as her niece stood up, realising that begging doesn't do anything for her. Her aunt clearly wants details before she does anything.

"Let's just say Soojoo used to try to steal something that was mine, and now she got it. I can't stand it." Jennie explained simply, pulling a disturbed face. "As for Jisoo, she is the worst. A heartless monster."

"Heartless monster?" Suzy took a step back, sitting on the bench as she continued sipping her warm coffee and listening to her niece's seemingly sob story.

"She smiled at me..." Jennie fumed, stomping on her feet.

"And...?" Suzy grinned, possibly amused by this conversation.

"She smiled at me... after she broke my heart..." The brunette finished, lowering her head. She felt a strange mix of anger and sadness rise up in her body, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Point is," Rosé continued because Jennie was getting in her feelings. "She was mad at them and used your curse. Is there a way we can take it back?"

"There is no way." Suzy answered simply, setting her coffee mug down on a nearby table.

All the blood drained from Jennie's face, she felt cold water splash all over her. She couldn't hold back her tears any longer. She started trembling, her breaths becoming shallow and uneven.

"N-No way...? B-But... aunt, t-there has to be something we can do, right?" Jennie stammered desperately. "I-I didn't mean for this to happen! I wanted them to feel s-some pain, n-not... not kill them!" She threw herself at her feet again, sobbing.

Suzy patted her niece on the head repeatedly, telling her to calm down. "There is no way, as far as I know. But I haven't used the curse that often, I don't know all about it."

"S-So... there might be a way...?" Jennie's tears subsided as she clung to the newfound hope that showed her a path where she was not a murderer.

"Sure, there might be." Suzy shrugged. "At least you have a lot of time to find out. Because they won't die until all horrible incidents I designed befall them. And trust me, there's a lot of them, you have so much time to find the cure. I believe you have what it takes to find it."

"Thanks for saying that!" Jennie's face lit up, feeling encouraged. She turned to her friend who sighed and nodded, confirming that she was going to help her.