34. Fake Love

The velvety taste of champagne bubbled in Jisoo's mouth. She clinked the glass with her plus one and celebrated the wedding of her sister, Lisa and her wife Rosé. She could feel the music vibrate deep to her stomach and the lights were stunning her. She was never fond of celebrations but today was an exception and she gladly dolled herself up for this special occasion.

It was harder finding a date. Not because she has no list of people who would be potentially interested. No, because she was searching for someone most sincere and honest. To fall in love at first sight would be a dream of hers.

"They suit each other well." Haein drank his champagne and whispered to Jisoo's ear.

Jisoo smiled, seeing the happy couple dance together. She laid her glass on their table and took a look at the grumpy man. "We should dance." She suggested.

Haein let out a loud laugh before he gulped down his drink, causing Jisoo to scoff. She decided to just grab his arm and drag him to the dance floor.

"I don't dance!" He whined while Jisoo continued to ignore him and place his hands on her shoulder.

"Don't be so boring!" Jisoo led the dance while Haein sighed and had no other choice but to follow her lead and avoid stepping on her feet.

The festive music allowed them to dance enthusiastically to the beat. She wrapped her arms around his torso and laid her head on his shoulder.

*click*

A bright flash made her close her eyes. She squinted her brown eyes and looked ahead to see the lens of a big camera across her.

Behind the camera feline eyes came forth, a small smile was aimed at her. Jisoo returned the polite gesture to the wedding photographer, then shifted her focus back on the dance.

"Remind me, why did I accept being your date?" Haein twirled a giggling Jisoo before lifting her up.

"You came for the free food," Jisoo shrugged as he put her down again. "And me." She teased.

"Just the free food." Haein teased back, earning a slap on his shoulder from her.

They kept dancing for a while, exchanging giggles and small touches. Every now and then Jisoo noticed how the wedding photographer took shots of them. Lisa must have put her up to it, Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Close to the end of the night, Jisoo felt a bit tipsy, like most of the guests and even the two women the night was dedicated to.

Lisa wrapped her arms around Jisoo and Haein and beckoned them to the front where they took a group picture with Rosé and their combined families.

Jisoo smiled at the camera as the picture was taken. She felt like the photographer was looking at her again, more precisely at the ring on her finger.

Jisoo glanced at her ring finger, a silver ring but otherwise plain. She thought it suited her dress. Besides, Haein bought that for her once as a celebratory gift and it looked elegant enough.

"Should I drive you home?" Haein offered, walking Jisoo out.

"I'm still helping with the clean up."

Jisoo apparently was the one doing the walking out, in fact. She waited at the parking lot for him to drive off before she waved and walked back inside.

When she went back to the hall, she bumped into someone. Cameras and a cap fell on the ground.

"Oh shit!" Jisoo quickly bent down to pick the items up, hoping she didn't break them. "I'm sorry, are you okay?"