22. Please Be Naked

Jisoo's life prior to highschool consisted of nothing but her studies. She declined each and every offer to hang out with her classmates in order to finish her assignments. And when she finished her assignments she studied in advance for upcoming lessons. Years passed this way and she never felt like she missed something. The achievement of having the best grades made her happier than anything else.

There was only one hindrance and that was her classmate since primary school, Jennie. This girl always butted heads with her academically. Ever since first grade. Yes, even then they made it a competition on who learned to spell words correctly or do hard multiplications by heart, for instance.

They were about even although Jisoo excelled more in history and literature while Jennie excelled in science and English.

For some reason they were also put in the same class in highschool. Maybe the teachers found it funny and were laughing about it in their workplace when the pupils were in recess.

But this time it was different. Jisoo had a sudden change of heart.

"Jennie."

The brunette rolled her eyes inwardly as she recognised the voice right away. She closed her locker and turned around with a scoff.

"What?"

"I decided you may be the Valedictorian. Congratulations." Jisoo said with a smile, then turned around and strode away.

Jennie blinked twice and stood frozen until she rashly walked after Jisoo, grabbing her hand.

"You decided? What? How is that your decision to make?" Jennie inquired, unamused.

Jisoo sighed because she was stopped in her tracks and would rather spend the least time in Jennie's presence.

"I'm not going to prioritise my studies in highschool, and since you are the second smartest pupil here-"

"Smartest." Jennie interrupted.

"Smartest to be." Jisoo rolled her eyes. "You will beat me."

Jennie let go of Jisoo's wrist and glared at her. "You are saying that so I will lay back and you can score more points than me."

"No." Jisoo flatly denied. "I do not care about you that much. Nor would I be threatened by you. If I wanted to, I would beat you."

"Sure."

"Whatever I'm going."

"Wait." Jennie called, making Jisoo sigh deeply. She just wanted to get away. "If you are serious, care to tell me why? What have you planned?"

"I have planned to socialise a bit, make more friends, get popular and get a boyfriend." Jisoo listed as if she wrote it on her bucket list.

Jennie raised her eyebrows, waiting for Jisoo to tell her it was a joke. Jisoo silently glanced at Jennie who soon started to laugh heartily.

Jisoo would have slapped her if she didn't have other plans to put her time to. So she left the laughing girl in the hallway for good and went to her classroom.

Her eyes darted to Jinyoung, the captain of the football club.

"Hey Jis." Lisa greeted, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Lisa was about her only friend and they were only friends because their parents were friends so they met up and set them up for playdates. During those days Lisa was busy annoying her and Jisoo was busy trying to read her books. They never grew out of that routine.

"You want to talk to Mr. Perfect?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Yeah I want to do it with him." Jisoo whispered so the other students wouldn't hear it. However Lisa's response already gained the attention of the entire classroom as she screamed a loud, "WHAT!?"