38. Fake Love 5

It's been months since Jisoo started dating the photographer. At least she thinks they are dating.

Jisoo often sleeps over at her place. They go grocery shopping together, they share clothes. It almost feels like they are married but of course that's not the case. Jisoo can't remind herself enough that Jennie thinks she is taken.

That's why sometimes Jisoo leaves even if she is not busy. Just so it's realistic that she is a married woman.

And Jennie? Well, Jisoo hasn't found unknown panties in her closet or kiss marks on her skin. It seems like she is loyal.

After the third month, Jisoo couldn't take it anymore. She had to come clean and she would do it anytime now. Jennie has proven to be a good girlfriend (if that's what they were), Jisoo is sure of it. She is not imagining things.

Jisoo's train of thoughts was ended by Jennie as she lifted her camera and was taking pictures of Jisoo in her pondering state.

Jisoo tilted her head and pouted. "You need to stop taking secret shots of me. I didn't pose."

"You are prettier this way. I love to take your natural look. If you were to look at me and do a 'V' pose, I would definitely not press the shutter." Jennie grinned, lowering the camera.

Jisoo could only stare at her in disbelief. That seemed like a really heartfelt compliment that caused Jisoo's heart to flutter. The raven glanced at the woman across her who was still grinning from ear to ear, not feeling embarrassed about what she said at all.

"Jen," Jisoo cleared her throat, the other nodding her head in acknowledgement. "There is something I need to tell you..."

"Sure. Go ahead."

Jisoo bit her inner cheek, trying to muster up courage while Jennie waited patiently. Her heart was beating wildly but it had to be done. Jisoo is getting too attached and if they don't settle this now, she will only delay the date where Jennie will undoubtedly dump her.

"Jennie, the truth is.... I'm not married." Jisoo exhaled, closing her eyes.

"Oh, so you got a divorce, why?" Jennie asked softly, stepping closer to grasp for her hand.

"N-No..." Jisoo shook her head, glimpsing at the caring look on the other's face. Her hands were sweaty and Jennie probably felt how nervous she was because she started to caress her palm with her thumb.

"I was never married!" Jisoo admitted, blurting it out with her whole chest.

Jennie's eyes widened, she looked genuinely shocked. It honestly surprised Jisoo that she didn't even have a slight suspicion about this matter.

"But your husband....?" Jennie tilted her head, a confused, yet cute look on her face.

"He's a coworker.... I lied to you...." Jisoo explained further. "I thought, you wouldn't want to be with me otherwise... I'm so sorry."

"Ah..." Jennie let go of her hand and nodded, understanding the situation.

Jisoo gulped, staring at her pleadingly.

For a short moment Jennie seemed disappointed, she covered it up by flashing Jisoo a smile.

"I see. Thank you for being honest with me. I appreciate it." Jennie thanked her and for a second Jisoo was relieved until she added, "But I don't think we should continue seeing each other."

"What?" Jisoo's mouth widened. Of course she expected this. There was just a tiny bit of hope inside of her that she was wrong. "Why? Because I lied? I'm sor-"

"No, that's not it." Jennie assured her. "I'm surprised, yes but that's not why I have to end this. It's because I was happy you had someone waiting for you at home. Since I wouldn't be able give you what you want."