Chapter 12

"Okay, ready? Let's bring this guy down!"

"Big words for such little people," Zabuza taunted. "You think your plan's going to keep you all in the game?"

"What are you guys doing?!" Kakashi yelled to them. "We told you to run! The fight was over the moment we got caught; now take off!"

"Your mission isn't to prove how brave you are!" Kezuka added, trying a couple of attempts to free herself from the sphere despite knowing it wouldn't budge. "It's to save and protect the bridge builder! Stay focused!"

"Huh..." Naruto turned his head to the man they're giving their lives for. "How about it, old man?" He asked, waiting for his permission.

"Well, I..." Tazuna hesitated for a moment before sighing. "I guess this all happened because of me; because of my desire to live. But I won't let that get in the way of you now. Go ahead and fight to save your senseis." Sasumi smirked, a glint of determination in her coal eyes.

"Well, you heard the old man."

"Yeah we did, believe it! You guys ready?" The other three nodded. Zabuza laughed again, and he laughed hard.

"You really haven't learned anything, haven't you?" He asked rhetorically. "Still playing that little game; pretending to be a ninja. When I was your age, this hand already crushed many opponents." The rogue ninja made a fist with his hand while everyone either gasped or had their jaws drop to the ground.

"Zabuza the Demon," Kakashi suddenly stated.

"Oh, so I was in your bingo books too, huh?"

"Long ago," Kezuka started. "In the village hidden in the mist—or could also be called the Blood Mist Village—before a student could become a ninja, there was one test."

"Hm," Zabuza hummed. "Do you know about the graduation exams?"

"What graduation exams?" Rizaki asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah, what's the big deal? We had graduation tests too," Naruto added, just as dumbfounded.

"Did you have to kill the other students to pass?" Zabuza asked with a sinister voice. "Imagine young ninjas like you eating together, training together, bonding with each other. Then comes the final exam. Only they changed the rules; kill or be killed. You can't stop while your opponent still breathes! They were your friends, shared your dreams! Now, it's them or you!"

Rizaki felt a churning in her stomach, letting her eyes instinctively look around at her comrades. If I had to kill any of them...hell, I'd might as well kill myself afterwards, if I'm even still alive at that point. Being a ninja isn't worth me doing such a thing to any of my friends!

"That's so cruel..!" Sakura trembled.

"Ten years ago in the Village Hidden in the Mist," Kakashi started. "The graduation exam changed. One year before, a dark terror filled the school with terror."

"What's he saying?" Sōma questioned. "What evil? What kind of change? What caused terror?"

"Without pause or hesitation, a young boy who wasn't a ninja approached the class and took down over one hundred students..." Everyone's eyes widened more at that, if it already wasn't so wide before.

"I-It felt so...good!" Zabuza cackled and elbowed Sasuke in the stomach, hitting Sasumi in the process as well. Sasuke coughed up blood while Sasumi fell back from the impact. The swordsman walked up to them, slamming his foot on Sasuke's stomach, who groaned.

"I guess I could just stab the other one," Zabuza said, slowly pulling his sword up. "She seems...unnecessary."

"N-No!!" Sasuke coughed out.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"
A group of Rizakis kicked the blade out of his hand, away from Sasumi. A group of Naruto's pulled out their kunais, ready to fight.

"Shadow clones," Zabuza muttered. "And there's quite a few of them."

"Here we go!!" All the shadow clones cried out, piling on top of Zabuza while Sasuke and Sasumi dragged themselves away. After a few seconds, it was like an explosion of clones, them flying in the air.

"His skills are way too advanced!" Tazuna called out. "He's too powerful, there's no way to defeat him!"

"Come on, old man, have a bit of faith!" Rizaki replied. "Sasuke, Sasumi!" She and Naruto each pulled out a large shuriken and passed it to Sasuke and Sasumi, who caught it with ease.

"Demon Wind Shuriken; Windmill of Shadows!" Sasuke and Sasumi yelled together, starting to spin around.

"Shurikens? You'll never touch me with those," Zabuza said confidentially. Sasuke and Sasumi threw the shurikens, the weapons passing the clone of Zabuza and towards the real one, who was taking care of the water prisons. "So..you miss the clone and aim for my real body. Smart." He caught the first two, but two more were spinning towards him. "Another shuriken in shadow of the first. The Shadow Shuriken Jutsu."

He jumped over the last two, assuming that they'd just fall into the river. "I told you a shuriken can't touch me!" But then, the shurikens poofed away.

Naruto and Rizaki took their place.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
839 words

It's short, I know, I'm sorry-

I think the next chapter is longer but, then again, I dunno. You really think Google Docs counts each individual section??
If they do please let me know-

Also, after reading that latest Boruto chapter...real tears, bye-

But comment! Feedback! Vote! Stalk! The good ol' CFVS-

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3