Chapter 31

"It's time to begin," a guy with multiple scars on his face and about ten or more men behind him. "I am Ibiki Marino, and from this moment forth, your worst enemy."

We don't need anymore enemies than we already have, Sōma thought. Within the timespan of now and before, Kabuto literally getting an ear-bleed and his glasses shattered by one of the Sound ninja was already bad enough.

"First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off. Who told you you could fight? You want to fail before we even begin?"

"Sorry," one of the Sound ninja said. "It's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy, sir." Ibiki narrowed his eyes a little.

"I'll say this once, so you all better listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. Not without permission from a proctor. And even then, fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately, got it?" Everyone in the room stayed quiet. Well, almost everyone.

"Heh, no fatal force?" The Sound ninja questioned. "That's no fun."

"Now, if we're ready, we will proceed to the first stage of the Chunin Exams." The man held up a piece of paper with the number '1' on it. "Hand over your paperwork. In return, you will all receive a number. This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

"Wait a minute..." Rizaki's eyes widened in horror. "N-Not...a written test! NOOOOO!" She dropped to her knees dramatically as her head dropped, a dark aura forming around her. Naruto grew a dark aura around him too as he slumped his shoulders.

"We're doomed...!" he sulked.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dammit! Rizaki thought, sitting in the spot close to the back with the "bug-boy" as she noticed Naruto sitting near the front with the female Hyuga. I mean, at least Naruto is with Hinata and I'm chilling with Shino. Maybe the ship will sail then, and I know Shino's a chill guy...but dammit, I'm near Sand-Girl as well! AGH!

"You seem to be worrying about something." She turned to look up at the boy, since he was taller than her. "Why? Because you're nervous that you will fail not only yourself, but your team as well."

"Huh? Oh, psh, nah. I'm not worried at all!" How the hell did he know that?! Was I that obvious?! Shino stared at her for another second and then turned his eyes back to the front.

"Well, I wish you luck. I'm sure you will do fine..."

"Thanks, y-you too..." Hell yeah I need that luck. Written tests are the worst! Visually learning something is so much easier!

"Alright, all eyes to the front!" The ninjas all turned their attention to Ibiki. "There are a few rules you need to be aware of, and I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around!"

No questions, huh? Sasumi thought, who was on the other side of the room near Gaara. Hn...

"Alright. Rule number one is this; the written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to, you will all start out with ten points. One point will be deducted for each question you get wrong. So if you miss three, you will have a score of seven."

Oh boy. Rizaki looked at her blank paper that she's supposed to flip over once they begin. Probably looks real complicated, like stupid Geometry! The others will kill me, maji...

"Rule number two; teams will pass or fail depending on the total scores of all three members." Naruto's jaw dropped while Rizaki's head fell on the desk.