Chapter 19

Sasumi was about to step forward towards Haku, but Sasuke held a hand out in front of her.

"You have to take care of Tazuna," he said to her. "Three protecting him should be enough. And Kezuka and Kakashi-sensei are dealing with Zabuza. I can handle this." Sasumi gave him a look, but hesitantly took a step back to her spot.

"Well well, so we were right," Kezuka said. "It was all just an act. With a cute little mask to go with it."

"Huh?!" Sakura and Sōma exclaimed.

"Big phoney," Sasuke huffed in amusement. "Ha."

"So I guess all that about being a tracker ninja protecting his village was just a bunch of bull," Tazuna grumbled.

"They look pretty chummy to me," Kakashi remarked. "I'd say they've been pulling scams like this for a long time."

"He's got some nerve, facing us again after pulling that trick!" Sakura growled.

"And hiding behind a mask. Who does he think he's fooling?" The kids deadpanned.

"Speak for yourself, Kakashi-sensei," Sasumi said with an irritated look. "Both you and Kezuka-sensei hide behind a mask..."

"Yeah.." Sōma agreed with the same look.

"That's it," Sasuke cut in, glaring at Haku. "I'm taking him out now. Who does he think he's fooling, hiding behind that mask like some sort of clown?" Sakura grew stars in her eyes as she stared at the raven-haired boy.

"Sasuke, you're so cool!" Kezuka face-faulted, sweatropping as well. Didn't Kashi just say that? She thought. And I feel insulted. Like, seriously...

"He's impressive," Haku said.

"Hmph," Zabuza crossed his arms.

"Even though it was only 1/10 of the original water clone jutsu, he did destroy them all."

"That move still gave us the advantage," Zabuza mused. "Now use it."

"Right." Haku started spinning around and came at fast speed, Sasuke charging towards him as well. They clashed between kunai and needle, continuing to block each other's attacks. This was all based on their speed.

"So...you can keep up with Haku's speed, huh?" Haku, with one hand, started making handsigns. Kakashi and Kezuka's eyes widened.

Handsigns with a single hand?! Kakashi thought in shock. I've never seen that before...!

"Secret Jutsu," Haku stated. "A Thousand Needles of Death." The water that was in the air turned into sharp needles, and like he said, there looked to be a thousand of them. Sasuke closed his eyes, making one handsign while concentrating.

Remember training... Sasuke thought quietly. Focus! Summoning my chakra at once, and then direct it to my feet!

An explosion of water appeared, everyone staring in shock. Sasumi was about to jump in again, but noticed her brother standing behind Haku with a smirk on his face, making her sigh quietly in relief.

"You're not as fast as you think," Sasuke said from behind him with a smirk. Haku blocked his arm, but Sasuke transitioned it and flicked his kunai backwards towards him. Haku dodged it quickly, but just barely. Then, Sasuke appeared in front of him and kicked the boy right to the face, making him fly back at Zabuza's feet. "Thought you were quicker, huh? Now what else are you wrong about?"

"It's a mistake, insulting and calling these ninja brats," Kezuka said with a scowl. "That's just guaranteed to bring out his attitude. Sasuke and Sasumi are the greatest young fighters of the Hidden Leaf Village. Sakura and Sōma have the sharpest minds. Last but not least, we got the best two hyperactive knucklehead ninjas; Naruto Uzumaki and Rizaki Kiotori." Zabuza began to laugh.

"Haku, if we keep going like this we'll become the victims instead of them. Get on with it."

"Right." Haku started to make some water from the ocean rise up.

"Uh, what is that?" Sasuke questioned.

"I'm sorry it has come to this," Haku said, almost solemnly.

"The air...so cold.."

"Secret Jutsu; Crystal Ice Mirrors!" The water formed into solid, crystal-like rectangles and surrounded himself and Sasuke, making Sasuke look around, eyes narrowing.

"Sasuke!" Sasumi yelled out, about to run into the closed space.

"Sasumi!" Sasuke yelled with a warning tone. "Stay back with the others like I told you!" Sasumi grumbled and reluctantly stepped back into her spot. Why does he have to treat me like a baby, huh? We're the same damn age!

Haku stepped back into the rectangle, now emerging with the mirror.

"They're mirrors.." Sasuke mumbled to himself, noticing a bit of his reflection. "But how?"

"Now we begin," Haku said. "And I'll show you what speed really means." A needle was shot at Sasuke, cutting his shoulder through his shirt and making him wince. Another came. And then another. They were giving him cuts everywhere as he grunted. He had to admit, he can't go through with this.

Sasumi wanted to do something to help her brother; anything. She didn't want to stand around doing nothing but standing in front of Tazuna. So, she ran towards Sasuke and directed her chakra to her feet, making her jump in the air.

"Here!" She passed the kunai to Sasuke, who was about to catch it, but Haku caught it instead. But before he could do anything, he got knocked out of the mirror by one shuriken and his mask got scratched by another one.

"Wow, I didn't expect you two to come back!" A voice laughed. "Even better, I made a bullseye, maji!"

Rizaki? Sakura thought. Then that means—!

"Yeah, the Naruzaki duo is here, believe it!" Another voice shouted.

Yup, definitely them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
922 words

Fun Fact: The title of the fanfic was going to actually be called Naruzaki, because the combination seemed like a decent title to put in. I actually thought further for the sequel(s) if I ever had the chance. But my confidence is low so...-

Comment! Feedback! Vote! sTALK.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3