Chapter 15

"WHAT?!" Everyone exclaimed, except the Uchihas and senseis.

"But we saw his body, believe it!" Naruto yelled.

"Kezuka-sensei, you said it yourself!" Rizaki added, looking to Kezuka with wide eyes. "You said there weren't any vital signs!"

"His heart did stop, but only for a limited amount of time," Kezuka replied. "The weapons the tracker used are called senbon. They can pierce deeply but rarely kill unless it is in a vital spot, nothing like the neck. They're modified from needles used for medical treatments, like acupuncture.

"Trackers are trained to know everything about a human body, every detail. Causing the heart to stop temporarily while keeping the body alive is an easy matter for them. First, he carried Zabuza's body away, which was a lot heavier than he was. Second, he used senbon, which has quite the effect but is rarely fatal. From these two factors, we can conclude that the tracker was in fact not trying to destroy Zabuza, but was in fact trying to save him."

"Hold on, aren't you overthinking this a little?" Tazuna asked, giving them a look.

"'Encountering suspicion, the ninja prepares quickly,'" Kezuka quoted. "'Hesitation leads to disaster.' Everyone knows that saying." Sasumi narrowed her eyes slightly.

"Okay sensei, but how can we 'prepare quickly' if you're injured?"

"Remember, Kakashi can still train you!" Kezuka laughed. "It's one of the good things that comes out of having two senseis!"

"Hold on a second!" Sōma exclaimed. "A little last-minute training isn't going to help us against Zabuza! You two barely defeated him with your Sharingan! We have to be reasonable about this!"

"Sōma, how do you think we beat him in the first place?" Kakashi asked rhetorically. "It was because of you guys, you helped us. You've grown. Naruto, Rizaki.." the two kids looked at him.

"Huh?"

"You two have grown the most."

"Heheh, so you've noticed, Kakashi-sensei!" Rizaki chirped as both she and Naruto grinned.
(The fact that I see Rizaki doing a Debby Ryan I-)

"Yeah, things are going to get better! Believe it!"

"I don't believe it," a kid's voice spat behind them. "And things aren't going to get better."

"And who do you think you are?!" Naruto snapped, baring his teeth. Nobody denies his 'believe it' catchphrase. Not on his watch.

"Arg, Inari, where have you been?" Tazuna asked with a smile.

"Welcome back, Grandpa!" The boy greeted happily, running and hugging his grandfather.

Talk about rude, Rizaki thought, glaring at the child. Then again, I can see who he got it from...

"Inari, that was very rude," the daughter, who was also the mother, said. "These ninja helped bring your grandfather back here safely."

"It's okay, I'm rude to them too!" Tazuna reassures with a laugh. Inari glared at the others.

"Don't you see, Mom? These people are going to die. Gato and his men will come back and find them and wipe them out!"

"What did you say, brat?" Naruto growled.

"Look kid, ever heard of cool ninjas?" Rizaki asked. "Well, that's him and I, only better! We're going to become Hokages! This Gata or Mato guy is no match for heroes like us!"

"Ha!" Inari laughed sarcastically. "There's no such thing as a hero! You're just full of stupid ideas!" Naruto stomped over to the toddler, glaring daggers at him.