Chapter 40

"So, you're a Hyuga," Irito said, interested as she noticed the eyes. "I wonder what a gentle girl like you can do." Hinata looked down for a second, before looking up at her again.

"You don't know my true potential," was all she replied with before running at her. Irito dodged, but was soon met with another small jab to the shoulder, making her stop in her tracks. She felt pain there, lots of it.
"W-What did you do?!"

"I-It's called the Gentle Fist," Hinata explained, getting back into her fighting position. "It is the way of the Hyuga, where we touch your chakra points so the gates either close off completely, or blast an unbalanced amount of chakra."

"T-That's why your eyes are like that...dammit..!"

"A-And I'll do it again."

The fight between the two Kunoichi kept going, and in Hinata's favor. Every now and then Irito would get hit two her sides from those fingers and, eventually, coughs out blood.

I have to get out of this! She thought urgently. Or I'm going to get knocked out with messed up chakra! Irito had to think for a moment, before smirking evilly. She made sure to dodge attacks from both arms, stopping one and raised a hand and grabbed Hinata's forehead. Of course Hinata's free hand got her and coughed blood again, but hearing the younger girl gasp silently, she knew she got to her small goal.

"Are you strong enough to get past this?"

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Hinata, you are going to be the next heiress of the Hyuga clan. In order for it to continue succeeding, you must learn to fight for yourself! For our people!"

"You are a disgrace to the Main Branch!"

"Take her. I don't care. She's useless here, so at least try to make her useful on your team."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Let me go..." Hinata mumbled, slowly losing the burst of confidence she had before.

"Hinata!" Kiba called out as he and Akamaru knocked down the guy they fought. "Don't give in! You know it's a Genjutsu!"

"Dammit Oriko..." the leader growled. "Guys, we may have to fall back."

"Are you serious, Hazo?" Irito laughed. "These kids are a piece of cake, there's no reason to!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"S-Sasumi, why are you up?" Sōma scooted closer to the now awakened Uchiha. "Y-You're still—"

"What's going on out there?" She questioned, her cold black eyes staring into his soul. Sōma flinched. This isn't her, he concluded.

"U-Um..."

"Tell me."

"...Team 8 is out there fighting a group of Sound Ninjas; they wanted to kill you. But Sasumi, you aren't in good enough shape to go against them! Like, you got bitten by Osakabe!"

"Actually," Sasumi said with a smirk. "I never felt better. She gave me this gift, and it helps me understand who I am. I...am one of the avengers of my clan. In order to go down the path I've chosen, I must get power at whatever price." Even if I have to look like the bad guy for it. She walked out of the cave, Sōma coming close behind but stopped near the entrance. When Sasumi looked around, she noticed Hinata stuck in a Genjutsu.

"Kiba, Akamaru," Shino began. "It'd be best to stand back for this one."

"What are you talking about?!" Kiba exclaimed. "You saying we can't handle them?!"

"I never said that. I can feel my bugs getting a bit riled up while sensing Sasumi."

Akamaru sniffed, then whimpered as he hid behind Kiba's leg. Kiba picked him up and put him in his hoodie. "I guess you're right...even Akamaru is nervous."

"Release." Hinata was snapped out of the Genjutsu as she looked up to see Sasumi. "S-Sasumi?"

"Go," she whispered, motioning her head over to the others. Hinata nodded with a small 'thank you' before quickly moving out the way.

"So you're awake," Irito smirked. "What is a little girl like you going to do? I could just put you in a Genjutsu like I did to the Hyuga girl." She raised her arm out again, but Sasumi grabbed it and flipped her over, and everyone gasped. But it wasn't just from Sasumi's actions, no.

Black patterns were appearing on her face and arm, only on her right side.

"You seem pretty cocky," Sasumi growled, but grinned evilly. "And you seem very proud of your arms. It'd be a shame if I...broke them."

"W-Wait! Hold on, don't do that!"

"You get on my nerves just with you begging." She pulled Irito's arm back, pushing her foot against her back.

Crack!

"AHHHH!!" Irito screamed in pain as Sasumi let go, much to everyone's surprise and fear.

I got to do something, Sōma thought, growling silently to himself as he tried getting up. Come on, get your stupid legs up and stop her before she does anything she regrets!
"Now, to end your miserable life," Sasumi finished, pulling out a kunai to seal the deal.

"SASUMI NO!" The Uchiha felt arms wrap around her waist as she was hugged from behind, forcing her to stop in her tracks.

"Sasumi, please..." it was Sōma. "I know they did wrong, but you're going too far...this isn't you!" Sasumi's eyes turned to glare at him, but they softened slightly when she saw his tears. "P-Please..."

The black patterns on her body began to turn orange, slowly receding back until it wasn't visible under her bandages. Kiba took a sniff again.

"Alright, the weird smell isn't there anymore..." the rest of Team 8 sighed in relief. That was a bit much for them, though these Sound ninja didn't seem like they did anything too difficult. However the leader was much more of a challenge, at least for Shino. So they had to keep an eye on him.

"Great, now I have to heal you both," the leader grumbled, picking the opposer of Kiba up and then Irito before hopping to the trees, turning to stare at the rookies. "You all better watch out." He escaped successfully.

"Man, that was a lot," Kiba sighed.

"Well, we couldn't have done it without you four," Sōma smiled. He had since let go of Sasumi and wiped his tears. "I have no idea what we would've done without you."

"I-It was no problem S-Sōma," Hinata smiled, though it then faltered. "B-But I didn't d-do much..."

"Hinata, your actions were enough," Sasumi said, much to everyone's surprise. "I apologize for my actions, but I promise my powers will not be towards you. Only my enemies." Everyone felt a bit skeptical about that but nodded to it anyway.

"Now," Kiba smirked. "Let's go wake the sleepyhead up."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
1120 words

I'm just in the phase where I just wanna write the chapters and not do anything else-

I might sleep too, if possible...nah. Well maybe, my eyelids are like bricks.

I feel like I rushed this battle a bit but I wanted to move on with the story so I'm sorry-

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter though! <3